Rally Adventure Overland Show ---Stratford-Upon-Avon 2015 (1 Viewer)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Does that mean you are unable to make this year's show .....
It's not looking promising as Cindy is scheduled t be on shift across the weekend. But not quite game over, she may see if it's possible to move her leave from November...

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
That sounds good, it would be great to see you both again. Just drop me an email if you can make it and I will send your booking form
aoclubmeet@gmail.com

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks, your booking form is on it's way to you
Dave

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
That sounds good, it would be great to see you both again. Just drop me an email if you can make it and I will send your booking form
aoclubmeet@gmail.com

Dave

Hi Dave, some unexpectedly positive news, Cindy has managed to move her November leave to cover the Friday to Sunday of the AO show, so it looks like you are stuck with us now! ;)

Will send you an email as requested above.

Cheers, Darren

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
That's brilliant, we look forward to seeing you both again
Dave

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Dave - did you receive the flyers?

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Bumper stickers and double sided handouts with bogof on received

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Update on attendees for the show so far
Please note not listed in any particular order

Confirmed attending
Sundowners
Merle
Dippingatoe
Alaska Guy
Coolasluck
ChrisJones18
Nomadic
Fatima Saysell
Active Campers
Meakwooders
Aikidoamigo
RowleyBirkinQC
Flatpackchicken

TBC
Snail
BWB
Griffs
Destination Unknown
Calleta42
Tonypenntcj

Still room for more (y) Please contact me for your booking form
Come meet your on-line buddies and have some serious fun :D:D:D

marcus153

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630 Mercedes
Exp
Hi @Merle

I am interested in this rally - Do I need to phone the organiser first and book the camping spot? If you can send a form through that would be great

Fri - Sat - only

thanks

Marcus

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Marcus
PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you your booking form, that way you will get your full discount
Dave

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Its ashamed we would love to come but again it clashes with Lincoln I'm sure you would get more funsters if it was a different on at a different date

Dave

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Best ask Lincoln to move then as we have Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse for 10 years! :D

It is a shame, especially as you live in Brum. Stratford's but a stone throw, half distance in fact, plus of course motorhome shows are two-a -penny, whereas the Adventure Overland Show purely an annual event. That's life!

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Now I'm here, best I inform you of the latest:-

We are delighted to announce that Land Rovers Live (the TV programme) will be hosting the "Been There, Done It" Seminar Sessions at Adventure Overland Show 2015.

PLUS - they will be setting up a studio with live streaming around the world.

PLUS - on the Saturday evening at the show (26th Sept) they will be transmitting the England vs Wales game in the Rugby World Cup!!!

So it'll be seminars up until 19:00, then the match at 20:00, then straight after the live band starts their first set of the night in the Severn Cider Beer Tent. It's going to be one hell of a party!

See www.adventureoverlandshow.net/show-brief for a résumé of the event.

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
So is Lincoln still the place to go? Don't look like it to me :)

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
check the fun numbers we have 145 members at Lincoln and only 10 to 20 there it speaks for its self

dave

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Some say that Manchester United is the best supported football club in the world, it sure doesn't mean those fans have got it right. ;)

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
True. Thing is the Adventure Overland Show is so different from the regular motorhome shows, that until 'word of mouth' filters through, folk will continue to attend the same ol' shows as it's something they've always done. Fair enough as you can meet up with friends/acquaintances you may only see once a year, but I know from experience it can also get quite boring.

That's why every so often I will visit a small steam fair or a country show, good places to see small traders and local craft people as they can't afford attending the costs of big county shows. Diversity is variety ... oooo, I've turned into a philosopher, better take me tablets!

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
It's that time folks LAST CALL for booking to attend the AO Show 2015. I MUST have your request for a booking form by this Thursday 10th Sept. and your completed forms returned to me by Weds 16th Sept. After then you can still attend of course but you will not be able to get the fantastic discounted members only special price of just £35 to cover both 3 nights camping plus unlimited show access.
email me with your contact details:- aoclubmeet@gmail.com or text/call 07 586 046 306
Don't be shy we have plenty of room :)
Dave

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Hello folks! There's so much going on and being added all the time, I've created a page on the event website called Show résumé - that should help out.

Here's a bit of breaking news that was only announced today -

It has just been announced there will be two ‘extra special’ seminars Friday evening exclusively for the campers at AO`15. These feature two of the leading lights in the overland/adventure travel scene – Toby Savage and Sam Watson – so please check out the Seminars page

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Less than 2 weeks to go 'til the meet of the year folks. This year's show promises to be a great one, could do with the weather fairies waving their wands about a bit :D

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
Count us in, only will be parked up with the overlanders, Cant bring the truck due to the electrics being updated so will have to slum it in the tent and hilux. Looks like being a great show, I'm sure its going to be sunny?
Nomadtim

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Be good to see you nomadtim, come on over and introduce yourself ... the kettle will be on :)

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
Thanks Merie
Always have time for a cuppa

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Here is a list of things that will be happening in our area over the weekend for our campers. You are welcome to join in as much or little as like,

ANNUAL CLUBS MEET WITHIN THE ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW 2015
25th, 26th and 27th September
PROGRAMME

FRIDAY: Main arrival day – after settling in, get together in our marquee
any time you are ready kettle will be on ! At 5pm Pamala & Nigel (Sundowners) are kindly providing a free meal of genuine Swedish meatballs and spaghetti for all who are interested.

SATURDAY: 10:30 am onwards, Coffee, cake and chat – bring your own cups and we’ll supply the tea, coffee, milk and sugar – some cakes will be provided but a few more would always be welcome.

4:00 pm Communal BBQ – BBQ’s will be provided – please bring your meat, drinks, plates and utensils. There will be a Jacobs/American table, please bring a savoury dish for all to share – a dessert would be a nice bonus!!

We will also have a few activities where prizes can be won – this is not obligatory but will be FUN.
The evening will continue in the marquee.

SUNDAY: 10:30 am Bacon butties along with tea and coffee, to cover costs there will be a charge of £1:00 per buttie.

For those staying until Monday – get together in the marquee in the evening.

SALE: If you have anything you wish to sell bring it along, place your ad on the sale board, not forgetting your contact details.
You can sell anything as long as it is legal!! – please note this is solely for Fun/365/RVOC members and is not open to the public.

Nothing in the programme is compulsory you can join the fun or do your own thing, we want you to enjoy your weekend.

Throughout the weekend we will be running a raffle to help cover the cost of a cassette emptying point solely for our use. There is also a black tank
emptying point on site.

Any questions please ring Merle (Dave) on 07 586 046 306.

Sundowners & Merle

Reactions: BwB

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
... just to add, in case you weren't aware, there are seminars Friday evening from 18:00 to 21:15 (come and go as you please) + catering, although you won't need that as Nigel & Pamela have just returned from Sweden, so the meatballs won't be from Aldi!!! :D After seminars the band will start up - middle of the road music, not rap/hip hop and modern noise!

The seminars will continue all day Saturday and into the evening until 19:00, then the bild up to the England vs Wales World Cup Rugby game starts, the actual match starts at 20:00. After the game, live music again with a great rock band featuring all the old favourites - again no modern rubbish!

Finally, after another day of seminars until 16:00 when the show officially closes, Sunday evening the officials, the remaining traders and campers all head over the road (quite literally a 5-10 walk) to the local curry house ... where the food is excellent. Again, you're more than welcome to join us.

See you soon, thanks again to Merle (main man this year), Sundowners and all of you attending for supporting this event. We are trying to get across the fact that you don't have to have all-wheel-drive to have an adventure. Travelling is all about where you go and who you meet, no matter what you drive. Sermon over! (y)

Tom Mc - Organiser and GDB (General Dog's Body)
Event mobile: 07958 216266 - any problems ring us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back