• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Advance Notice. For Sale In October. (1 Viewer)

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
It is with regret that we will be selling our lovely motorhome in October.

I use it every day as my daily vehicle and 1-3 weekends a month all for work purposes which takes us around the country to various events and shows.

We will also be away for two weeks in October where we will be touring the Lake District and North Yorkshire also for work purposes, but that will be the end of the work season for us.

Unfortunately 50% of my work now is in London and it is not compliant with the (LEZ) London Emission Zone so I have to borrow a vehicle every time I am going to London or pay £100 a day. Luckily London is nearby so I don't have to stay overnight when I am in London.

Next year I will probably look for something newer that is compliant.

Why am I telling you this now? Well I will put it up for sale in October, probably on Ebay and Autotrader and all the usual places, but before I do I thought I would offer it to Motorhome funsters first in case there is anyone out there who will be looking for a starter motorhome or something different and who is not interested in camping in London. :)

Also I have no idea how much to price it at. I bought it from a dealer 18 months ago for 13K and it had 75,000 on the clock. Now it has 97,000 on the clock.

It is a Fiat Ducato Van conversion built by IH Motorhomes. the correct title is a IH Savannah Gold built in 1999. Everything works, fridge, cooker, gas, hot water etc and like I say we use it a lot and are always on the road. As you would expect there is some slight corrosion on the body work with a van that age, but nothing that is too bad.

I've literally just got back from the MOT today and it passed fine. My avatar is a picture of her.

If someone is looking for a something to run for a few years to get them on the motorhome ladder and desperately want it now then I would consider selling early and renting a motorhome for the remaining 16 weeks.

Once I've got a price I'll stick some pictures up and edit this post etc. Anyone got any idea what I should market it at? Not sure what the going rate is. Saw another one online for 13.5K but it only had 57,000 on the clock.

Tec :)

PS. Also with a child on the way am also looking to buy an MPV like a Vauxhall Zafira or Citroen C3 or similar. Will consider a part exchange for a car and cash. Not sure what the odds are of someone onsite with an MPV wanting to upgrade to a motor home, but might as well mention it. :)

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ih always sell well , and quickly. We were on the lookout for a second hand one .
If I were you I'd Google your make see what else is around for sale. I doubt you'll have any problems selling it as long as it's in good condition inside. We did see one for sale , before we decided to convert our own. That was surprisingly well used ( bit tatty wood wise , and dated ) and 10 years old if I remember.
Still up at a premium Price IMO , at the Ih showroom in our area. ( no longer there, moved , now just a Ih construction warehouse) It did have a low mileage though, and the bodywork was good. They'd taken it in px. It looked better in the pictures than real life.
You might be pleasantly surprised , and get more than you think.

OP
OP
Tecnikal

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yep it still looks great inside. Just wondering whether to put it on ebay or avoid ebay and sell it to a dealer or privately on auto trader/exchangeandmart/caravanclub ...etc.

Not sure what's best.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
When we sold ours we put it on here, eBay, gumtree, preloved. All the same advert.
We sold within a couple of weeks to an x member of fun. Who were no longer Motorhome owners.
They saw it on eBay. Contacted us . Bought it. Rejoined fun as happy bunnies. They'd seen it on a rally when we first bought it, our first time out actually . Be fore we'd reupholstered it. Bought it off us 6 years later. Get a price off Ih. They may tell you if you ring what price to expect mileage condition wise.
It might be worth getting the paintwork sorted even.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would definitely get the bodywork tidied up before advertising. even small areas of rust will put off most buyers and really hurt the value

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tecnikal

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for your help. I can't see the mileage on that first one but it seems quite cheap.

Mine has got a motorhome fun sticker in the back. Will that whack the price up do you think? :)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back