Adults sleeping over the cab (1 Viewer)

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how many of you here (adults) sleep in the bed over the cab, and how do you find it?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Always have done and love it.. So does my son and his wife in their van, and my daughter and her hubby in theirs :Smile:

I used to find it a tad hard ( basically cos I am a fat git I think ) so bought me a memory foam topper and put it UNDER the existing mattress. It is VERY comfy now and as the topper is under the other mattress I do not suffer with it all getting too hot ( a problem with memory foam )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how many of you here (adults) sleep in the bed over the cab, and how do you find it?

Excellent. H U G E bed. And the convenience it's always ready for use. Downside is it's not possible to read in bed or use position 127.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+

Used to when we first went Fulltime in our '87 Elddis Autostratus EK.

Good point - Keeps the rest of the 'van clear and allows one of you to get up and mooch about "downstairs" whilst the other has a lie in.........now i wonder which one of us that was likely to be!:Cool:

Bad points - can get VERY stuffy up thier unless you have at least an opening window if not a roof vent.
also..........
you can FORGET any bedroom gymnastics!:Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

We do and the cab bed is bigger than the one we have at home. We are both slim/med build and are 5ft 10/11 if that helps:Smile:
B

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
also..........
you can FORGET any bedroom gymnastics!:Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Havnt managed this yet as the kids have always been with us, but where theres a will theres a way:thumb:

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Our daughter is the one who sleeps up top and she loves it because she so much space. Graham and I then sleep separately downstairs which is wonderful because he can snore as much as he likes without me kicking or shouting at him and I dont hear him ::bigsmile: I would sleep up top but should I need the toilet in the night, and especially if we've been on the wine, I dont fancy falling down the ladder.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Excellent. H U G E bed. And the convenience it's always ready for use. Downside is it's not possible to read in bed or use position 127.
Re try position 127 after opening sky light above bed
Warning posterial frost bite and or stiff neck possible in winter months:Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Re try position 127 after opening sky light above bed

Ours has a fan.

I knocked the switch and before I scream "O W W W W W W W" I had the best shaved anus in the country.

"Did the earth move for you ?"

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The 'upstairs' in the Miller is so big I can almost sit up straight in it, so no probs for me ! ( except perhaps nowadays she sleeps in the bunk at the back and I sleep alone up there !! )

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
It's all in the little finger !!!

How did I find it !!!!!......It's at the top of the ladder !!!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
As to position 127....If you just bend the little finger of your left hand (not the right)
to 136 degrees, then the stars will shine for you..shaved bum and all !!..:ROFLMAO:

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
I sleep up in ours and love it, swmbo sleeps "downstairs" .I'm 6' and 15 st and find theres plenty of room.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I sleep in the overcab bed, its great. When we trawled the two kids around with us they both slept up there together and they loved it.

Geo and Brian are having their own discussion !!!!! :whatthe:

Jim
:Smile:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Tried it before handing it over to our 9 year old.
First few times he slept on the sofa whilst we had the overcab, however at 6 1/2 ft and nearly 17st its not exactly roomy, and I ended up hanging legs over edge so I wasn't curled up all night.
Much prefer putting the sofas together and the little one loves the overcab so all happy now!

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp

:Cool: We have slept in the Overcab Bed on many occasion in our Commuter. Even watched DVD via Laptop up there. However, we now have a permanent Bed over the Garage. So the O/Cab bed is used as storage. :thumb:

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
yep we use it saves makeing the bed up and sont have to worry about it :thumb:

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
I always had the inside in case SWMBO needed to get to the loo in the night and this caused a bit of a difficulty when I went to bed after SWMBO. Getting over the top without waking her was "interesting".
Patrick

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
When we had our Autoquest 6 berth, we all had our own beds. I had the dinette double, 11 year old son had the overcab double, and 14 year old daughter had the bottom bunk at the back.

One night when son was staying in someone else's pup tent, and I rolled in and couldn't be bothered to make up the dinette, I tried the overcab bed - nice and comfy to sleep on, but I couldn't sit up in bed and the worse bit was the vertigo next morning when I looked over the edge and wondered how I was going to get down again. Had to shout for assistance. It might have helped if I'd put the ladder in place before I climbed up there.

Never again.

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
cab bed

sorry can only help out with a part of this question,, thats the how did i find it,,,
well i stood at the back,, looked forward and up,,,, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
oh dear,, very sorry,, but it was only time before someone said it,,, well now its out of the way,,,,,,,, hey,, a bit like the bed :Doh:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
to help Ralph-n-Bev in their mery way ("Where there's a will there's a way"), sa tiny correction.

Where there's a will there's a shedload of relatives...

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
The right sort of ladder makes a big difference... IMHO a platform at the right height is essential for getting out in the morning so you can turn around.:thumb:
Couldn't buy one so made one:

Attachments

• Bed Ladder.JPG
    Bed Ladder.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 91

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it would be nice if we could !!!!!!

kontikis are a tad too low in the overcab headroom department and its just about impossible for me to turn over once suitably shoe-horned in.

pain in the neck making the lounge beds every night.:Angry:

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Overcab or not?

We have a double overcab, dinette double bed, 2 wide rear bunks.

I have the overcab and I am usually joined by the dog who likes my smell better. (she has perfected her bounce from the dinette up to the bed)

Hubby has the lower bunk and daughter the top bunk. (He prefers to be on a level with the loo)

My excuse is that I am claustrophobic and if he blocked off my exit I would panic. Cannot sit up, but with the right pillows I can prop up and read, play with DS, watch DVD or TV (even the communal one)

Didnt like the metal ladder rungs at first but now I have covered them with some of those seatbest shoulder pads they are nicer on my feet.

We like the arrangement as we can pull in anywhere and beds are readily available.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
When we used to take the MIL I slept in the overcab bed with a mattress topper on it were bloody brilliant I could lay spreadeagled on me back loads of spacedead comfy.
Then we take the grandchildren and they have it now :Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
125 .... Yer right.. go on.. boast !!

My book goes up to 2, and neither of those actually involves other human beings :Blush:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
125 .... Yer right.. go on.. boast !!

My book goes up to 2, and neither of those actually involves other human beings :Blush:

OK, I'll boast.
I'm up to No. 4 now, and I'm only 62 years old!
That Hilldweller fella must be fit (or just lucky?)
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back