Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fattys should be banned too.

And anyone in a burkha. :eek:
My only case of plane rage. Large American behind me started shaking my seat violently, when I looked round he said food is being served and he couldn't get his table down. I pointed out that it was midnight, I'd just worked 10 hours, I would be getting off the plan at 6am and going back to work. Somewhere in there was a comment by me that he certainly didn't need any more food in him. Well it might have been a bit briefer than that :rolleyes:

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Honestly, I can't stand all this intolerance! Put up, shut up - or pay up! Oh yes, I hate flying for every conceivable reason and I started doing it over sixty years ago since when it has deteriorated as the great unwashed were allowed to afford it. Intolerant - me?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We went on an adults only weekend to Butlins about 15 years ago
it was interesting to say the least all Ann summers and the magic act was to be seen
would the flights be similar if so I'll sign up :)

I agree screaming kids yappy dogs etc i can do without but loud Motown and Northern Soul are a must :D

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
one of the reasons we have stopped going to fun relays there not much fun for kids with all the mooning old gits
bill

Does fun deserve that comment? You'll have to enlighten me of your experiences Bill, because all I've ever seen with your Grandson at Rallies are funsters putting time in with him, taking the time to interact with him. As with other kids at Rallies.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Huh! KIDS!!!

Bung the little Bu**ers up Chimneys, And who was the idiot that said we couldn't have em down Coal Mines anymore!

Huh! The Worlds gone to pot!

(Hey ShiftZZ does that qualify me for membership in the Grumpy Old Gits club)

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Kids crying a part of life....ignore it, tune it out, and get over yourself

Very difficult to ignore or tune out that racket when they are sitting next to you. for 4 hours, as for "get over yourself", that's not even worthy of comment.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We flew every year long haul with our kids snd spent the whole flight entertaining them when they were under 5. It was bliss when they got older and were more than happy to watch films :). I would never ever let my kids disturb anyone. However it seems to have all changed now, adults want their kids to "enjoy" life and dont want to "upset" them by telling them off! My BIL and is wife are like this, but their kids are horrers to them. Behave for other people, strict grandparents etc. Now on a friday they need a break from their kids so Grandparents have them every friday overnight to give the parents a break! Whats going on, why cant parents be parents? We were at a family meal, the young kids (about 6/7 years) were make a racket screaming etc. This was due to one of the dads chasing them and messing around etc. This was not appropriate and felt so sorry for the other diners. I think parents want to be friends with kids rather than parents. :mad:

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
As an addition to my OP, the main culprits were 2 children, approx. 5-6 years old, of UK origin, and the people who seemed to be mainly affected were a Spanish couple sitting across the aisle from them, others were annoyed too, not just us, the parents as usual were unconcerned, I noticed that when we exited the plane, nobody gave them any courtesy, I wonder why.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Adults only flights. Yes please ! We spend 9 hours twice a year in a Virgin Atlantic flying kindergarten ! Unfortunately we have to fly to Orlando which is near to where we keep our boat . It is mostly hell and lthe entertainment system is the only thing keeping us sane . What enjoyment can a newborn baby get from Disney ...I cannot fathom !

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
My last flight was an 8 hour plus long haul and was ruined by the 60+ year old woman behind who didn't understand that a touch screen TV only needs a light touch and doesn't have to be pressed with the same force as you'd knock on a door. Even her husband told her off as he could see my chair shaking but she just carried on.
I can only say I blame her parents.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Huh! KIDS!!!

Bung the little Bu**ers up Chimneys, And who was the idiot that said we couldn't have em down Coal Mines anymore!

Huh! The Worlds gone to pot!

(Hey ShiftZZ does that qualify me for membership in the Grumpy Old Gits club)
Whos paying for your pension ?
Dont say we paid in for years, so did I, but that was paying for previous generations.
Phil

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
If the kids misbehave ,it must be the fault of the childminder,as the parents only have them for the holidays.
This is often the case, sadly. I've seen a baby dropped off in a baby grow asleep in a car seat, first thing, at a local childminding neighbour. Picked up after 6 pm asleep back in a babygrow. 5 days a week. This child is now at school, our local school. The child minder still takes her there too.
The mother does have a Good job, lovely Range Rover sport, and live in a huge house though.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Rarely fly, it's all of 13 years since I flew on a business trip to Scotland.. and prior to that Glasgow to Aberdeen to go offshore.. no kids on these flights .. :LOL:

Never flown on a package holiday .. and don't intent to either.. if I had to fly it would need to be in business class... so that won't be any time soon..

I'm afraid it is the parents to blame.. it's a 'modern' phenomena.. you get the same ill tempered kids running around supermarkets, camp sites, play grounds, in school, with mums and dads not giving a stuff what they do..

I'm an old git who raised six .. and never would have allowed such behavior.. but then again, I didn't stuff em full of additives and fast food..

rant almost over.. :D

Yes BAD parenting! I find Dutch parents particularly bad at this, they really indulge their kids and seem to think poor behaviour that disturbs others all part of the fun and enjoyable..When I first saw it on Italian campsites in high summer I was really surprised but years later it seems to be the way they bring them up, and noisy disruptive kids a joy..Its really bizarre to be honest!lol

when our two were 4 and 5 we were having lunch in a really nice French restaurant in Brittany. the group of french old ladies sitting next to us got up to leave they came to our table to congratulate us on the behaviour of our to lambs :) just as well they did not see them the week before in an Italian restaurant screaming there lungs out , throwing spaghetti at one and other, and hiding under the table..we were highly embarrassed, the italian staff delightful just laughed and cleared it up (love Italians)

so we all have our moments and flying for children can be difficult, with bad parenting skills thrown in you have a perfect recipe for a disruptive flight. Me? for a start always fly with ear plugs, and if they were next to me instead of huffing and grumbling I would have tried to engage with kids to take their mind of things, I would also have a serious word with the parents and ask them to split them up and have they nothing to distract them....

Those that can't tolerate children and get huffy about them should remember they were kids once..Or vote with their wallets and upgrade to business:LOL:

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Shame it has gone bust (pun intended) cos Hooters Airlines would have been the answer for all you adult only types.

Wish I could put up a pic. of the flight attendant s, but can't from tablet, could someone oblige?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
your wish is my command :)

hooters.jpg
6-defunct-airlines-that-were-doomed-from-the-start.jpg

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Whos paying for your pension ?
Dont say we paid in for years, so did I, but that was paying for previous generations.
Phil

??????- - - - read ALL the post!

As for the Pension thingee, The NZ government & topped up by the Australian gov& and a titchy titchy bit by the UK, oh yea! don't forget the free TV Licence and the Winter fuel Allowance Oh yea the free persciptions too and health care , Anything else?

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
but they took away the free swimming. oh and you forgot the free bus pass.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back