Jerry

Free Member
Jan 24, 2009
Doset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I came upon this site after searching problems with the Vision.I cant believe how fortunate other owners have been.The front bed has worked three months in two years.The battery charger failed in Eire where i bought new batteries and Adria would not cover the cost because i did not have the dead ones for them.The habitation door handle broke.I am now on the third windscreen blind,they have all collapsed whilst driving,somewhat disconcerting but not a saftey issue according to Adria.The vent blind in the shower room has broken.The panels around the headlights where held on with velcro and fell off.The drivers seat is awaiting repair under warranty.The Webasto heater wont work.The waste tank grounds on every ferry.The habitation entrance door central locking failed because the power lead ran through a rough hole and wore through,i replaced it and fitted grommets which i cant believe Adria needed to save the pence on.The near side window leaked.The sat nav lead wore through from being routed under the leading edge of the plastic dashboard top which bounces up and down in transit.There are loads more but it is getting very boring.It will be lovely when it is finished so that it can be used as a motorhome and not a taxi to the dealers.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sorry to hear of your tale of woe, one of the many reasons we do not sell new foreign vans.

Ok the English ones can get problems from time to time, but at least we get a very good back up from Swift

Peter

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
wow, what a shame.

Adria's are normally renouned for quality. well thats what I told Nikki when I talked her in to letting me buy ours, hope she doesn't see this post:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Well, as most regulars here who know us, know - we too have a Vision 707si and it certainly doesn't suffer from the litany of ongoing problems Jerry seems to be having, far from it :Eeek:- the build quality outstrips that of many British vans by miles, despite Johns Cross' waspish comments (not for the first time, Peter, can't think why you have such an ongoing attitude towards "foreign" vans when the shocking build quality of local stuff is legendary!!!! ) Despite Swifts sudden change of heart and improvement after Rapide561's awful experience and subsequent campaign to make them take notice , there are still numerous unhappy Swift / Bessacar owners out there!!!

Adrias local agents, Fleetwood caravans in Long Melford, don't always provide the quickest response, especially as Fleetwood itself have now gone under, but the first port of call must be the selling dealer, who has a duty to provide proper warranty service.

Adria have made excellent caravans for years - they are wellknown for it - and their motorhomes have received excellent reports - the Vision was A Class of the year 2007 from MMM and the Caravan Club and various other Adria vans have received industry awards as well.

Our Vision 707si (an 07 plate) was obviously made on a different production line as its build quality and finish is excellent, a few small / trivial things here and there and a LOT of issues with the breathtakingly disgusting dealer (BCS Motorhomes of Herne Bay - according to Adria soon to be no longer an Adria dealer). The Webasto heating is superb and fast, and uses very little diesel, Windscreen blind no problem except the dealer left his dirty thumbprint squashed onto a lower pleat. Front bed also no problem, although I have heard of motor failure on another Vision which was repaired under warranty. Absolutely no damp, no leaks, no charger issues, no heki cover problems. Fridge lock recently needs attention - but Dometic fridges of that model are renowned for this, its not Adria's build quality.

The only base vehicle issue we have had was the failure of the aircon motor which was replaced under warranty from a local Renault dealer (over £1000 worth of repair).

We love our Adria and most other Adria owners we have met, really love theirs, too - they are great value for money and are also fully winterised, unlike the local , inflated-price, inferior, what can only be described as disappointing, substandard products - we tried a locally made van and it was complete rubbish compared to the Adria, and we also had a long look at that white elephant from AutoTrail, the Grande Frontier, before spending over £20K LESS on the Vision with a MUCH higher spec and build quality!!!!.

Sorry to hear of your problems with the Vision, but its the ONLY complaint of this nature I've heard since they were released here 3 years ago, and it certainly is not our experience at all, with the same van. Hope you get it sorted finally.

Laurie :thumb:

OP
OP
J

Jerry

Free Member
Jan 24, 2009
Doset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Re Adria Vision 707i

It must be pre 2007 models causing all the problems,i dont know of anyone who has not had problems with the front bed.In two years i have seen the workshops of numerous dealers who all told me the front bed and EBL,s are a major fault.Its about time Adria used reliable components.By the way the chrome trim on my bonnet has lifted in places and has verdegree under it,Adria want £336 & vat for replacement.Needless to say i will be sourceing it elsewhere.Great idea about the extra LED,s under front bed,get that done next time at Premier.Enjoying the bits that do work,like the e-foy!

OP
OP
J

Jerry

Free Member
Jan 24, 2009
Doset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It must be pre 2007 models causing all the problems,i dont know of anyone who has not had problems with the front bed.In two years i have seen the workshops of numerous dealers who all told me the front bed and EBL,s are a major fault.Its about time Adria used reliable components.By the way the chrome trim on my bonnet has lifted in places and has verdegree under it,Adria want £336 & vat for replacement.Needless to say i will be sourceing it elsewhere.Great idea about the extra LED,s under front bed,get that done next time at Premier.Enjoying the bits that do work,like the e-foy!In fact all the mods that Premier made work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back