Adria Matrix 590sg. Storage question re kitchen (1 Viewer)

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Hello, we have just purchased the above and I am struggle as to think how to store food pots and pans etc
Previous vehicle Timberland with loads of sensible kitchen storage..
How have solved this problem . Live the table and bed, hate the flexing whilst driving but we shall see if it is a keeper..
So your ideas would be most welcome
Thank you Joan

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We have one of these. One of the first things we did was fit out the "wardrobe" with shelves. We don't take anything away that needs hanging up so it is far more useful as a cupboard, we keep all our crockery, mugs, ' glasses' etc in there. The two lockers above the galley are used for foodstuffs, I keep small items in plastic crates to make it easier to lift out. Our clothes go in the lockers under the drop down bed, and anything else, jackets, rucksacks, books, DVDS etc are in the over cab lockers. Pans and kettle are in the drawer under the microwave and the drawer under the sink is used for all the miscellaneous bits you accumulate.

Hope this is helpful, let me know if you want any more info.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a biggish drawer under the fridge which takes most of the pots and pans, oven dishes etc live in the oven and the microwave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lunnie

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you for your replies.. we have put shelves in the wardrobes hoping to put our clothes in there but still not suitable..previous wardrobe twice as wide and had no problem.
We have no drawer under the oven, it is open space into the garage, no microwave, just the wardrobe.
Under the fridge is a space with 4 holders for bottles but unfortunately not tall enough to take bottles..

We have thought of placing a false floor in the garage access via the kitchen as there are two ledges.. but my full chairs and table have no space in the garage, so folding chairs and table I think, fortunately we have plenty of those, just not as comfy..

I have managed to buy a suction toilet roll holder from the Range..

You have given me the idea of the wardrobe for plates etc...

Many thanks ladies..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Some photos of what we did with the cupboard etc in our previous camper where we too turned the wardrobe into a larder.
6 - Tea etc tubs.JPG
7 - Back of sink storage.JPG
8 - Wardrobe shelves.JPG
10 - Wardrobe door.JPG
11 - Locker shelf.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A few more:
5 - Door pocket and kitchen roll holder.JPG
11 - Washroom units.JPG
12 - TV cupboard shelf.JPG
13 - Table storage.JPG
15 - Royal storage bin.JPG

OP
OP
Lunnie

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Many thanks for your photos most helpful... we have tried not to drill the walls on the outside...using strong sucker etc..for holder baskets for tea and coffee etc..
I did buy a hanging pockets from ikea, as I found them useful before..
Hanging that in the bathroom, most useful, for cross, bags, wet ones odds and sod's...

You have given me ideas ladies...

We are having pouches made for the back of passenger and drivers seats..

We really appreciate your help and information x

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
You must have the model after ours, Lonnie, we don't have an oven, there is a huge drawer there instead. Our microwave is under the wardrobe. We also have loads of storage in overhead lockers in the cab, which again I think they later dropped - big mistake there Adria.

One of the things that swayed the decision to buy was the amount of storage all the way through the van.

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
My husband has just said to mention that being so high, the Adria does get affected by cross winds and back draught when overtaking lorries, this may be what you are experiencing rather than flexing. If it is actually flexing I would get it checked out.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If it is bothering you then might be worth fitting some of these as they really do transform the ride and handling:

OP
OP
Lunnie

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, yes, we must have the later model, sink on the right and 3 gas burners in a line....

Open shelf over the driver and very large window. So less storage..
But thinking of making wardrobe, into my kitchen storage...
False floor, not fixed.

Just need the electric bed sorted.. it is still at an angle...but back to Timberland on the 23rd... sure they will sort it..

It is lovely and warm still have it hooked up, there was 6 in the lounge last evening drinking tea znd watching the TV..lol mad or what, it is cosy..

Yes, I have felt the van bring pulled when a hgv pass me on the M1 more than my previous van...

You have all been most helpful, thank you.x

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Funnily enough our electric bed was also at an angle and needed several attempts at adjusting. Keep an eye on your rear light clusters as ours had been fitted with bulbs too high in wattage, and the plastic surround started to melt. The other issue we had was the basin mirror de-silvering.
We have enjoyed our van over the 3 years we have owned it, but are swapping for a slightly larger Burstner with an easier to use drop down bed.

OP
OP
Lunnie

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you, our basin has started to de silver at the edge, I presume it comes under Adria warranty...
Thanks for the head up about the cluster lights, what bulbs did you change them too?
Because I may ask Timberland to do before any damage is done...

Attempts to the bed, was that yourselves highering and lowering, or the garage?? We go on the 23rd so hope to have enough info to give them..

Again many thanks..

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We bought our van new, so insisted that our dealer replaced the basin under warranty. They first tried to get away with a gash repair by just sticking a new bit of mirror in place on the original basin, not shaped properly so we risked hurting ourselves on sharp corners. We finally got a whole new basin out of them. Likewise the rear bulbs, we noticed because we kept having one rear light out. Our dealer failed to rectify some of the faults, and it was a local independent caravan / motorhome workshop that adjusted and straightened the bed mechanism and identified the problem with the lights, which we were then able to tell our dealer that we wanted two new clusters and correct bulbs. It helps tremendously that our daughter works for the local outfit otherwise we might still be clueless. Shame you are so far up country, but if you are ever down near Plymouth and in need of advice I can point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
Lunnie

Lunnie

Free Member
Dec 28, 2015
Derby
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you Sue.

Timberland have been most helpful with our previous van, and as they fit out vans for themselves, they are useful re fixtures.. prices high to buy but after services have been top notch..fingers crossed it will continue next week..

Joan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back