Adria coral 2005 6 birth (bunks) (1 Viewer)

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
Hi
recently sold my second Hymer 644c. looking at a Adria corel c class 2005 6 birth with two bunks at the back. think this might be useful with my son and daughter now at the age where they need a separate bed. Couple of questions to those of you fellow experts out there. Firstly , my wife and i have never slept in an over the cab bed. will we manage it. (i am a fit man in early 50's and my wife is a good bit younger. ) we were used to a u lounge double bed. Secondly anyone any experience with Adria corel c class motorhomes. what should i look out for etc, it is on a ducato base, so i am familier with that end.
any comments welcome
regards
Dave

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Check the payload and axle weights - get it actually weighed - being a 6 berth doesn't necessarily mean it has a good payload. I wouldn't want to sleep in an overcab, not at ANY age, IMV you'll find it quite claustrophobic.

OP
OP
Davfo42

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
my only worry is not being able to sit up and have a glass of wine and having the final night chat with swmbo, before settling down. but the Adria does have a better layout on the dinnette area so maybe we could just sit there and have a glass before hitting the sack.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
For me sharing an overcab bed for a few days at a time is enough. I couldn't do it long term. Trying to clamber over someone else and missing the ladder is no fun. Too claustrophic as well.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Dave. I owned this model for some 4 years, If it is the the Coral 670sk I can completely reccomend it. We had one because our kids needed their own beds and Nikki and I sunk in to the overcab bed. The van is a good van they are well built and we took ours skiing in -20 temps and boy I miss that van because it holds so many fantastic memories of our kids being young. If it's not the 670sk your looking at, try it, because this model has an opposite small 2 seater dinette where the kids can stay away from the front of the van. If you check my blog (not updated for ages) and have a look through you will see our van there and further info. ours was a 2005 2.8

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Agree on payload. Check and make sure, also remember anything added on will subtract from the payload. ie extra batteries etc.
At that age the older Fiat chassis were usually a maximum of 3850kg (unless air bags and upgraded). The spec I have seen on some Adria looked quiet low.
My Autotrail 700 (2012) is classed as a 6 berth with 720kg payload but doubt we could ever get 6 people in there and be within weight. The wife does not like our overcab bed and wont sleep there, me being ex trucker can take it or leave it...

OP
OP
Davfo42

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
Thanks for the replies. Haganap---it is a 670sk we are looking at, at a dealer. We have never bought off a dealer before. bought our last two vans on done deal, and never really had a problem, couple of minor issues. it is a little bit pricier for us even if it is a 2005. but first impressions are we like it and it cold be very suitable, especially with the kids getting a bit bigger. i will check out the blog. Tonka, I will dig a bit deeper into the payload. When you say the spec quite low, what specifically is it missing, in your humble.....
Irnbru, i think a spare few cushions at the bottom of the ladder, in case i miss a step, should sort that one out :LOL::confused:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Pay load is 3750 from memory although this was plenty we uprated to 4t...if you want to pm or post what is up for I'll give you a realistic assessment based on what I know about the price

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Although we have just changed due to layout (we had bunks and an overcab bed and now have fixed rear bed). The change was not due to sleeping in the overcab but as we wanted a bigger garage.

I never found it claustrophobic - although I thought I might. We added a memory foam topper and it was very comfy. Loo trips through the night to require a little coordination though!

OP
OP
Davfo42

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
Yes, we had a memory foam topper in our last van, which we have held onto. Makes a huge difference to the comfort factor.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
my kids where always happier in tent outside but always been happy to share a double...don't see it as a reason to swap a van to be honest. what happens when they outgrow/get fed up with bunks?

OP
OP
Davfo42

Davfo42

Free Member
Jun 19, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years