Admin Charge!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Just put a personilsed number plate on the camper. Rung up Safeguard insruance to change it on their records and was charged £25 admin charge for the privilage!!!! :Mad:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I think all the insurance companies charge an admin charge now. My Son changed his car to a lower group car but still ended up paying an admin charge of £25. Its in the small print. I knew when I got the Motorhome Insurance renewed that I would have to cahnge where we kept the van and enquired of Caravan Guard about this and they told me after checking it out that there would be no admin charge because the Postcode where I would be storing the van would be cheaper therefore no refund but no admin charge.

Sonja

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Why so shocked ?????
They virtually all do it now and have for a while.. "admin fee" it covers everything..

ps... That will be £5 for the written reply... :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Its what they call a No Win no fee policy, :winky: a few years ago we Insured a scooter and went off to Spain over winter, while away not only did we fall off the bl$$dy thing, :Doh: but when we got home they had cancelled the policy, because they never received my proff of no claims bonus.

Contacted them and never got anywhere, and said refund my money, by the time they took their bit for the couple of weeks insurance and the admin we got about £2 back. :cry: Bob.

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Tried that with me a few weeks ago.Told them I've never been charged before and don't get charged with Aviva on the car either. Lady on the phone went to see a supervisor and they waived the charge "this time".

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Why worry, if you don't mind throwing your money away on a personalised plate, you've obviously got cash to burn :roflmto:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Put a new number on mine a couple of months ago and the nice young lady at Comfort did not charge me, she said I am allowed one change with no cost:winky:

Dave

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
We just insured our T5 Camper and we were told if we cancel straight away (bearing in mind there is a statutory 14 day 'cooling off' period) we would be charged £75 Admin Fee - WTF!!!
:Eeek:

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
When we were with NFU we made several changes over the year And were not charged once. Don't mind paying an admin charge to cover posting out new certificate but £25 is a bit steep.We already had number plate on another vehicle and had to pay DVLA £85 to transfer it!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you buy a ticket to watch Man Utd... it costs...

If you buy a Daily M**l... it costs...

If you buy a personal number plate... it costs...

Whether it is worth it or not is a different matter...:winky:

JJ :Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It isn't all companies which charge an admin fee. When we changed our car in January the AA didn't charge. However, every time we've insured with a company which does charge an admin fee it has been clearly stated on the phone and/or in the documentation.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
private plate of whatever you want to call it

Private plate, cherished number... or if we are honest it is a vanity plate... as said if you want it then you pay for it.

Normal to expect a charge if you change details on a policy... just think if they did not charge and everyone wanted something changed then more staff needed and my insurance would go up because of all the work they had to do in dealing with VANITY plates.:Blush:

I am very happy with my bog standard number plate... everyone can tell what year it was made/registered.

Bob... p.s did not cost me £25...

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Admin charges are a 2012 invention commonly called "A new Rip Off". All companies are using this term to charge for every service and certainly make a few million. We appear to now be charged to give our custom. Camping Cheques charge to buy cheques - admin charge, airlines charge us to book flights - admin charge, insurance companies have removed most of the inclusive items and now charge, we pay by Debit Card as cheques are finishing, they charge. The list goes on and on.
In this society of money hungry companies it appears to be only the start of charges.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Why do people expect others to work for nothing? Someone has to be paid to sit there and carry out this "admin" They expect wages so why wouldn't the company charge you for the additional work?

This is a consequence I believe in everyone buying online and expecting the best deal

In the old days you would pop into your broker and he/she would take care of it.

Welcome to the new world, get a cheap "deal" and then everything becomes chargeable

Look at Ryan Airways!

Eddie

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
These are brokers and will charge, the days of the old fashioned company direct has gone and computers flag up a charge and that's it.

Even Direct companies are likely to charge you sadly.

It is a service..................:imoutahere:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Why do people expect others to work for nothing? Someone has to be paid to sit there and carry out this "admin" They expect wages so why wouldn't the company charge you for the additional work?

This is a consequence I believe in everyone buying online and expecting the best deal

In the old days you would pop into your broker and he/she would take care of it.

Welcome to the new world, get a cheap "deal" and then everything becomes chargeable

[HI]Look at Ryan Airways![/HI]

Eddie

Don't I just flew back from Spain and it started at £60 but soon was well over a £100.......... without luggage.........:RollEyes:

Got the return journey to come.............:Doh::cry:

Got no real option though...........:winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Slightly of OP, but heard of had a case when there car was wrote off the insurance company retained the personal plate as it was part of the car.

Now when I insure I always stipulate they write in that the plate is retained by us.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
cheques are not finishing

Admin charges are a 2012 invention commonly called "A new Rip Off". All companies are using this term to charge for every service and certainly make a few million. We appear to now be charged to give our custom. Camping Cheques charge to buy cheques - admin charge, airlines charge us to book flights - admin charge, insurance companies have removed most of the inclusive items and now charge, we pay by Debit Card as cheques are finishing, they charge. The list goes on and on.
In this society of money hungry companies it appears to be only the start of charges.

Keep up please... the government reversed that one of the bank clearing houses did.. cheques remain with no date for them to be removed.

Just have to pay for the postage which will be an arm and leg from the end of the month...

Bob:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back