Additional garage door locks for Autotrail Mohawk (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Yo all

Wish to fit additional security locks to garage doors on our new Mohawk, can anyone advise if these will fit OK, and any info on other suppliers (ie cheapest co I'm a tightwad and need two of em):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Deterrent

To deter thieves from breaking into my van I have considered having the following sticker made

The only tool stored in this van overnight
Is the owner

What do you think?

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Additional garage door

to be honest ,whatever locks u fit it wont deture thieves if they are deturmind to get in your van .i have the ones you are thinking about and they are solid locks and the size seems to scare people off bit pricey but .u get what u pay for .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I put the Fiamma safe door locks on a previous motorhome, not because I wanted to, but because I NEEDED to as the existing locks on the garage doors did NOT hold them closed if they were tugged hard ... I was tipped off to this by a friend on another forum who had a MH of the same make/layout who became aware of the problem on his own unfortunately AFTER it had been broken into this way. I put the existing door locks not being secure down to the fact that the garage doors were quite wide and thus had some flex in them.

The Fiamma locks are quite substantial but they are ONLY as good as how well you fix them so check that you can do this to your new MH before purchasing them. Also, you may find you need to get the 'filler' kit too to reduce the gap between the door and the lock itself, I think this added at least another £5 on top.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have 2 Yale dead locks one each of the garage doors. You would need a thermal lance to get in there.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Pete had an extra Yale on the old caravan door as believe it or not, the Springer spaniel learned to open the normal door lock from the inside and would regularly escape to quarter the campsite searching for quarry to bring dad. And then the kids would get in trouble for not locking the door .... :ROFLMAO:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
My ex prison truck, still has original door with Chubb mortice deadlolock. Door weighs about half a ton.:ROFLMAO:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I thought with those prison trucks, you can get in easy, but you can not get out?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back