Additional garage door locks for Autotrail Mohawk

Discussion in 'Motorhome Security' started by Stewart J, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

2. duane0001

duane0001 Read Only Funster

Deterrent

To deter thieves from breaking into my van I have considered having the following sticker made

The only tool stored in this van overnight
    Is the owner

What do you think?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105 Funster Life Member

Additional garage door

to be honest ,whatever locks u fit it wont deture thieves if they are deturmind to get in your van .i have the ones you are thinking about and they are solid locks and the size seems to scare people off bit pricey but .u get what u pay for .

4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I put the Fiamma safe door locks on a previous motorhome, not because I wanted to, but because I NEEDED to as the existing locks on the garage doors did NOT hold them closed if they were tugged hard ... I was tipped off to this by a friend on another forum who had a MH of the same make/layout who became aware of the problem on his own unfortunately AFTER it had been broken into this way. I put the existing door locks not being secure down to the fact that the garage doors were quite wide and thus had some flex in them.

The Fiamma locks are quite substantial but they are ONLY as good as how well you fix them so check that you can do this to your new MH before purchasing them. Also, you may find you need to get the 'filler' kit too to reduce the gap between the door and the lock itself, I think this added at least another £5 on top.

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

I would suggest you phone us as it does depend on the gap berween door and bodywork, it needs to be at least 3mm

This one does not depend on gap and is subject to Funsters discount but best to speak to my experts.

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/fiamma-safe-door.html

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Have 2 Yale dead locks one each of the garage doors. You would need a thermal lance to get in there.

7. sedge

sedge Funster

Pete had an extra Yale on the old caravan door as believe it or not, the Springer spaniel learned to open the normal door lock from the inside and would regularly escape to quarter the campsite searching for quarry to bring dad. And then the kids would get in trouble for not locking the door .... :Rofl1:

8. Bluemerle

Bluemerle Read Only Funster

My ex prison truck, still has original door with Chubb mortice deadlolock. Door weighs about half a ton.:Rofl1:

9. duane0001

duane0001 Read Only Funster

I thought with those prison trucks, you can get in easy, but you can not get out?