Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Ok , we all like pictures so here are some, first i was faced with a seriously dirty roof, so i cleaned it up

001_zpsj42vuwvn.jpg

Here we have it roof all cleaned off
004_zpsz4rg44yf.jpg

New panels resting in there position, i will make up some brackets tomorrow and fit them
008_zpsvnjeowcd.jpg

Thats it no more room for anything on the roof
009_zps8tlhmmq5.jpg

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The boot lace going through your cable entry grommet looks like a piece of crap.
Edit I see it is two through one gland o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
UK Pete

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
Yes i think i might just as well start again with the wiring 6mm throughout

OP
OP
UK Pete

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
Ok here is the update to this thread, i have posted it in my total disaster thread as well
I was shocked to see some of the pricing of the mounting brackets so i made my own up
then i fitted the mounts to the panels and put on the prepared roof surface in the desired position a big helping of adhesive, i then sat the panel and mount onto the roof a quick wiggle of the panel squeegeed down the adhesive to about 3mm , once in position i let it set for 24 hours in the meantime i attempted to use the existing 4mm cables as a draw wire to pull through my 6mm cabling, after much persuasion and silicon spray i got them through all be it both through the one cable entry gland ( yes i know what your thinking Techno 100),
The 6mm now runs from the controller to the back of the van picking up the 3 panels in parallel connection, i chose to leave the short tails on the panels, if it proves a problem then i will buy some more 6mm and replace, but i have to say my panels are delivering huge amounts of power to my controller and i get great results even with total cloud , i cant wait to get away next week and see how this set up performs, looks like there is no more room on the roof for anything else now
pete
012_zpsodlg9zfm.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back