adding maps (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I have a tom tom go 3rd edition and as im hoping to go to spain need one with western europe maps. I have aquired said maps but the files are too big to all go in, there is about 200mb space and no slot to ad memory. I cant afford a new satnav and as im driving alone need one, can I use the tomtom as a GPS device with my laptop ?

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I wouldn't have thought you could use the TomTom with a laptop for navigation. You could get a bluetooth GPS receiver Link Removed for about £25, if your laptop doesn't have bluetooth you can get a dongle think these are about a tenner. I have my TomTom on my PDA & use a BT GPS with it & I can use it with the laptop running Autoroute.

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
You could get one of these
Link Removed
I have one and it works well, cheaper and more reliable than most bluetooth GPS. If you have a handheld GPS such as a Garmin eTrex you can get a virtual com port cable to connect it to a laptop.

Another option is to get seperate France and Iberia maps and only load the relevant map on your TomTom.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have a tom tom go 3rd edition and as im hoping to go to spain need one with western europe maps. I have aquired said maps but the files are too big to all go in, there is about 200mb space and no slot to ad memory. I cant afford a new satnav and as im driving alone need one, can I use the tomtom as a GPS device with my laptop ?

did you order the correct map files for your device ?

contact tomtom for installation advice.

did you read this...

IMPORTANT: Some versions of this device have limited internal memory. Before purchasing a map that may be too big, either use the device serial number checker (the box to the right) or connect your device to TomTom HOME to check how much memory you have available.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back