Adding an oven

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by TheDeckKing, Sep 7, 2014.

1. TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing Read Only Funster

Has anyone got any experience of fitting an oven into a motorhome that doesn't have one?
    A lot of the ones I've looked at don't have one but it's an essential for us to be able to cook. I want something that will run off gas so we can use it in Aires.

2. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

not retro fitted one but obviously i fitted the one in our self build nothing partically difficult provided you have a suitable space our spinflow didnt need the space lining just gives distances for clearance and the suround virtually guarantees thes are correct any way
    only problem i came across was the instructions quoted the box into which it fitted had to be sealed all roud which seemed in possible with a need for a gas supply
    i drilled a large circular hole to line up with the connection and then put a piece of thin ply over the hole from the outside you will obvbiously need an extra gas feed from somewhere and may need a 12v supply and earth to run a light or ignitor ours lights with a match which is obviously easier to fit
    we find an oven in valuable for so many things not least on chilly mornings one jumps out puts sausages in the oven comes back to bed for 20 mins then we both get up to hot sausage sandwiches

• Like Like x 1
  3. richr

richr Funster

Wow

The oven makes the sandwiches :D thats some clever device you have there

4. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

I like to stick my sausage in the oven whilst still in bed before the kids wake up!

Vlad

5. B-well

B-well Funster

Fitted oven in my Hymer, ensure you have airflow around, took feed from the gas manifold which had spare connection. found it on e-bay was taken from caravan.
    I too get hot when getting into bed.

6. tambo

tambo Read Only Funster

I actually have a cramer gas oven for sale if your interested ...It has a built in rotisserie function

Good clean oven ..about the same size as the smev I bought it to fit in my last van as it didn't have one but changed van before I had a chance to fit it.
    Il take some pics of it later but after £50 for it plus any postage required

Pm me if interested

7. TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing Read Only Funster

Thanks for the advice (and humour:D) it seems buying a MoHo with no oven is not going to be a deal breaker. Tambo I'll keep your offer in mind but really need to by something to put it in first:)