Add two stroke oil to your diesel fuel (2 Viewers)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Engine manufacturers spend a fortune on getting the most out of an engine in terms of economy against performance but with longevity being the end game.

Fuel companies spend a fortune on attempting to produce the most cleanest and efficient fuels of all time to maximise their profits. .

But they do get it wrong sometimes and don't like admitting it..
The topic been discussed is an example..ie
The modern diesel engine fuel system and modern fuels...
The lack of additives and lubricating qualities of the modern fuels was reckoned to be responsible for the breakdown of the modern high pressure pumps and destroying the fuelling system...
So its easy to see why people ,and some are quite knowledgeable look for solutions.. In this case adding something to the fuel which might help..
The problem I mentioned I believe was worse in hotter climate where the diesel cooler doesn't function as well and read reports that in Spain some drivers couldn't let their tanks go below 1/4 full to try and help prevent overheating and pump breakdown..
Having said that I won't adding 2 stroke but just saying I can see how people might have seen it as a solution..
I'll go hide now :LOL:
Andy..

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
VW use it all the time...
No issues !

image.jpg

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Come over to Ireland chaps, go to real road racing on bikes.... The classic races are super.... the aroma from the "old thumpers" are something to behold !

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
If VW labs are able to create a system that can cheat emmissions standards and tests, then they are clever enough to come up with a solution. They still have not done so though...
I've read that it wasn't VW that developed the software but BOSCH who apparently warned in 2007 not to use it for production models, just for testing... oops.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I've read that it wasn't VW that developed the software but BOSCH who apparently warned in 2007 not to use it for production models, just for testing... oops.
It was read to me when I was 15 that I was guaranteed to become a millionaire. I would have great fame and fortune . I would have ten randy wives who would produce ten children each all who would have similar fortune !!! That gypsy Rose was a lying old hag and she can have this sprig of heather back !!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
It was read to me when I was 15 that I was guaranteed to become a millionaire. I would have great fame and fortune . I would have ten randy wives who would produce ten children each all who would have similar fortune !!! That gypsy Rose was a lying old hag and she can have this sprig of heather back !!!!!!
:confused: :confused: :confused:
o_O What are you on - does it cause any side effects :unsure:?

The Bosch warning was well reported when the emissions scandal broke...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34373637 for one
Just Google "Bosch warned" for any number of references :rolleyes:.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
She told me a pack of lies as well.....

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
This cropped up in my discovery 2 forum, a highly respected engine tuning company said that in a td5 engine it would be fine and possibly help with cleaning out the engine and mpg, but for newer engines dont do it. I tried it and kept mpg figures, there was no difference in mpg whatsoever. The oil had to be fully mineral though, no semi synth or fully synth. I have stopped doing it as the cost of the oil didnt seem to make much sense, I also forgot to ask at the mot station about the emissions (fairly sure I would make a crap research bloke).

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing

Sounds suspiciously like the "getout" clause to Me?. Testing, Only,?. And of course having engineered the Software they where definitely NOT going to use it to gain pecuniary advantage?. I believe that Honest M`Lud!.

"All pigs Fuel`d and ready to fly!"----Sir!

Pete

MyDogsTooBig

Free Member
Nov 19, 2015
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Inbetween
Exp
Since 2010
FICTION. All you will be doing is making your engine create more soot and doing the opposite of what you are suggesting. Now if you put 500ml of kerosine in, then that would be more in the direction of what you want to do, but that really is not a good idea either, because it will cause more wear. The viscosity of diesel is such that it is its own lubricant for the injectors and if you have one, lift pump. You are going to screw that lubrication up. If the engine is set up and running properly, you need no additives. On a modern diesel engine you are going to seriously screw up big time. These engines have emissions filtration and a separate oil system for such. All controlled by computer and you could cost yourself some serious money for having that lot replaced or serviced before time. You want it to regenerate as much as possible, automatically. If it doesn't, then the filtration and its oil has to be replaced. It is normally done at major service intervals anyway. Oh, I say oil, because it basically is an oil that 'washes' the filtering at regeneration.

Reactions: DBK
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Personally I was an Ossa man! Had about 5 and 1 Bultaco should have kept them? Great investment" now" still have an RTL apologies to OP for going off thread.

Fantastic machine I had one in the 70`s that lovely green and white fuel tank so easy to work on.

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Compass 740
Exp
Three years, Western West Europe 2015, Eastern West Europe (and some Western East Europe) 2016.
As a slight aside to this, I was tired and mistakenly put 30 litres of unleaded into an empty 65 litre diesel tank in the spring. Felt sick at the time as we were in the middle of Spain but I had heard that a small amount of petrol in a diesel tank wouldn't hurt so topped it up with diesel and kept going. Ok, it spluttered a few times and my heart missed a beat when it stalled at a couple of 'T' junctions but I 'bumped' it and it kept going. When the tank got to 3/4 I topped it up again and did this a couple of times. Afterwards I noticed a marked improvement in MPG. Wouldn't recommend it but it doesn't seem to have done any harm. Peugeot Boxer 2.5 TD.

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
I seem to remember when I was in the RAF, during winter we used to put a couple of gallons of petrol in with the diesel, in the tractor to stop the diesel freezing. Wonder if that would still stand true today?
Don't think I would try it on a new diesel engine though.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Diesel suppliers put in addatives now, to help overcome this problem during the winter months,i am led to believe.
Tea Bag

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
If your EGR gets restricted blank it off! :)

Possible on some diesels but not all... Time will come when removal of EGRs will mean MOT fail. Removing DPFs or any detectable emissions kit is an MOT fail anyway. Besides most EGRs are fairly easy to remove and strip/clean. It's those expensive DPS that are the big issue.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I seem to remember when I was in the RAF, during winter we used to put a couple of gallons of petrol in with the diesel, in the tractor to stop the diesel freezing. Wonder if that would still stand true today?
Diesel fuel has come on a bit ! My dad ran a taxi firm many years ago and I remember them adding petrol to stop the fuel waxing. Do that I a modern diesel and it would be catastrophic !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It would have been kerosene you added. It was standard practice at the time, it was to stop the fuel waxing. On operations these days all the vehicles run on 100% kerosene but this is to simplify logistics as everything, including aircraft all run on the same fuel.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
What age of diesel engines is this reccommended for ???
2 stroke oil ! None . They were never designed to run on or burn the stuff. It's another daft internet theory .

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Na
@Charlie I thought that this thread had been done to death........ ;) It may have worked at one time but not nowadays (y)
Nah mate not done to death yet..

I was hoping for a thread combining Aframes gassing washing vans with a broom and two stroke oil in diesel .. My what FUN !!!:D

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Na

Nah mate not done to death yet..

I was hoping for a thread combining Aframes gassing washing vans with a broom and two stroke oil in diesel .. My what FUN !!!:D
I always use 2 stroke oil to wash my A frame down before a trip. Don't you? ;)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Depends on whether I have recovered from my last gassing ! .............................................................Er indoors reckons I cant arf gas ! :D
I leave the gassing to the dogs. They are unfortunately quite good at it, though the spaniel does sneaky ones and walks away leaving the Jack Russell to shoulder the stinky blame.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back