Add 2nd leisure battery under seat Ducatto X230 (1 Viewer)

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Hi. Would like to do a bit more "off grid" and pub stops instead of CC sites with hook up.

I'm starting to think about buying equipment now to spread the cost and my plan is to add a second battery under the passenger seat of my x230 Ducatto.

Has anyone done this and what did you secure the battery with?

I'm thinking some form of strap(s) that go round the battery but everything Google throws at me seems to be for radio controlled cars..

Anyone have links or photos of what they have?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I stuck a piece of plywood on the floor and then clapped the battery to that with a large washer and suitable spacer, I did this in 4 places and run the wires under the edge of the cab rubber mat to the other battery.
IMG_2094.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
I stuck a piece of plywood on the floor and then clapped the battery to that with a large washer and suitable spacer, I did this in 4 places and run the wires under the edge of the cab rubber mat to the other battery.
View attachment 147440
Hi resurrecting this old thread as I'm going to actually get my a55 in gear and do this.

If I fit a normal110 AH battery under the seat, does it need venting or is the fact it's open to the hab/cab area enough?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Hi resurrecting this old thread as I'm going to actually get my a55 in gear and do this.

If I fit a normal110 AH battery under the seat, does it need venting or is the fact it's open to the hab/cab area enough?
Just be careful of the size of the battery. I had a second fitted and only a 95 Ahr or smaller would fit. I dare say that sizes may differ with different makes and a 110 of one brand maybe the same size as a 95 in another, but in general I think they are all roughly the same size as each other. Cannot help with venting as mine are AGM.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
A normal battery would need vent to the outside, I drilled a hole behind the battery through the floor and fitted a plastic pipe and sealed around.
Make sure you get a battery that's 190mm high.

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
A normal battery would need vent to the outside, I drilled a hole behind the battery through the floor and fitted a plastic pipe and sealed around.
Make sure you get a battery that's 190mm high.
I'll have a look at the leisure battery to see if it has somewhere to attach a pipe.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'll have a look at the leisure battery to see if it has somewhere to attach a pipe.

They usually do have a bung in the end, I had to get the battery supplier to send a suitable elbow to fit, as I had asked when I ordered.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Fitted my second battery under the base of the Wardrobe in a dedicated sealed and vented box.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back