1. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

After all the threads regarding ADAC I was a bit apprehensive about applying to them. Fill out a on line application and even arranged to pay by DD, just had our cards back no problems. Admittedly the paper work is in German but there are so many "on line" translators that this didn't prove a problem either. All in all I'm very pleased. So can't wait to get over to France and be covered should we have a problem. :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  2. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Hi David, Hope all goes well with ADAC but please be careful on payment, as they send out cards before payment is taken and if they cannot get payment from you then you are not covered but they don't tell you they have not collected payment until you try to claim on a breakdown and then you are in trouble as they will not help if the payment has not gone through. Make sure your payment has definitely been taken Before you leave for Europe, as I have been with ADAC for about 5 years now (GREAT COVER) but have never been able to pay by DD as they have no way of collecting it from a British bank up to now?????. Please let us know if payment goes through as this will be a new thing from ADAC.
    Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 2
  3. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

I to have been with them about 8 years. When you drive a 27year old renault traffic and go as far as Croatia you need them, never a problem having payment taken via my bank, only used them 4 times, once on m5when aa attended, twice in holland, worst one was in Paris, engine blew, they sent a taxi to take us to the airport, we picked up a loan car to drive to calais, left it there, ferry, night in a hotel, loan car arrived to travell home, full use for 5 days, camper brought back on a truck to garage of my choice, no additional charges and kept informed the whole time, some people have said about problems, when you consider they are part of DHL. The continental AA! And most of all the German post office. Anything this big will get the odd problem. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

How are people still joining? when I tried I was told that they were no longer accepting GB members due to a fallout with the AA.

5. SUGGY

SUGGY Funster Life Member

I eventually got a reply after nearly 3 months about my complaint of when i broke down all i got from the assistance help line was recorded messages in German ,

The reply was written in German so i got it translated and it said when you break down and phone for assistance .....

YOU MUST SPEAK IN GERMAN ...... :cry:

6. nomadic

nomadic Funster

I posted recently on this, after asking ADAC. In a nutshell, they said they are still accepting new membership applications from the UK, but the conditions were changed with effect from 1/1/14. I don't know how much the new conditions differ from us with pre 2014 membership.

On the question of the AA refusing to attend, I was assured that I should ring Germany and they make the arrangements.

I will search for my OP later

7. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Got me thinking now as I am due to renew, I have both Spanish bank € and UK bank GBP. Do you do a transfer or pay by another means.

Cheers

8. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

I renewed my ADAC membership last week. I was transferred to someone who spoke English, he just took my Visa Credit Card number.
    Brisey.

9. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

..same here last month .. No probs

10. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

If you have a Spanish bank then you may be able to pay through that??????
    But I now pay my ADAC subs and my ADAC travel ins through a international bank transfer using there IBAN No and there BIC No on the back of the invoices that I get, although this costs me to do it this way, I am 100% certain that it is paid so no more worry's. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 1
  11. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Here it is......................

"thank you for your message.

Please note that the new ADAC (Plus) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits for members residing outside Germany since 01.01.2014. Your Plus membership provides the same services and benefits as in the last years. Your membership won't be terminated in December 2014. Your Plus membership is valid as long as you won't cancel it.

Your acquaintance could send a application form and could get a member.

The AA is still our partner automobile club in the UK. If you need help you could call 0049 89 22 22 22.

Under the FIA umbrella organisation, ADAC cooperates with other automobile clubs. We believe that your local automobile club might offer products that provide more comprehensive protection."

Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any questions.

Sincerely yours

Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e. V. (ADAC e. V.)
    Mitgliederservice
    Mitgliedschaft+Versicherungen
    Tel.: 0 89 76 76 66 32
    Fax: 0 89 76 76 63 46 http://www.adac.de/impressum

• Like Like x 1