Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
NO this is not true, they will recover you to the nearest suitable gge up to a cost of €200, then if gge cannot repair vehicle within 2/3 days or if spares will take longer than 3 days to arrive they will then repatriate you and the m/h back home.
I am at the moment it Sicily nearly 1800mls from home (Bicester Oxfordshire) and ADAC was just about to repatriate us home by flying us home (and the dog) and transporting the m/h and Trailer home on its own, therefore ADAC does exactly what they say they will do in there t&cs, don't know and cannot say why some people have a problem with ADAC, but in my case (have a bad leg that needs operation maybe) ADAC have been superb as firstly I was going to be flown home on my own with the trailer being transported home separately all being sorted and paid for by ADAC with Ambulance picking me up from camp site here in Sicily and taking me to the airport where wheel chair was laid on for my transport to the plane, and same at heathrow to the waiting ambulance, then driven home right to my doorstep, then another ambulance to hospital when I was ready for the Operation, and when I told ADAC that my partner was going to drive m/h home herself, but ADAC insisted that they fly both of us home and transport the m/h and trailer home back to Bicester, So ADAC as far as I am concerned have lived up to there part 100%.
Unfortunately we have an old dog that would not maybe live up to an air flight home and my leg has got a lot better in the past couple of days so I have cancelled all the arrangements to take me home and will see how it goes in the next few days, and ADAC is still on standby if I need any help.
What else can I say about ADAC we are 3000kms from home, with a 25 year old m/h, 2t twin axle 3m long trailer, and a dog and ADAC were perfect in everyway an you could expect in an emergency and they have lived up to there emergency repatriation of m/h,trailer,dog and us. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Wow that's really good news, sorry you have been in the wars Garry but looks like things are improving........thanks for the update.............

I will phone and renew now.......

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

What else can I say about ADAC we are 3000kms from home, with a 25 year old m/h, 2t twin axle 3m long trailer, and a dog and ADAC were perfect in everyway an you could expect in an emergency and they have lived up to there emergency repatriation of m/h,trailer,dog and us. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Great post Garry, nice to see ADAC doing as promised and I hope you will stay fit to carry on with your travels.

I think most problems in the past seem to arise from call outs back home and the AA playing silly buggers, apart from some people suggesting they were not taking any new members.

The AA see their market share falling due to ADAC being so competitively priced especially for us motorhomers.

Safe travelling

Keith & Jean

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Great post Garry, nice to see ADAC doing as promised and I hope you will stay fit to carry on with your travels.

I think most problems in the past seem to arise from call outs back home and the AA playing silly buggers, apart from some people suggesting they were not taking any new members.
The AA see their market share falling due to ADAC being so competitively priced especially for us motorhomers.
Safe travelling
Keith & Jean

Hi Keith & Jean, Good to hear from you,
I suspect that most of the problems that arise with ADAC and the AA in the UK are from members not having the right type of cover and thinking that they do have but only pay for the cheapest standard cover and as I used to be an AA recovery Patrol for 8 years I will try to explain the problems that have arisen on here.
1. There are like the AA a few types of cover with ADAC ie Partner and Partner plus etc,
2. Its like the AA and RAC in a way, if you pay for just roadside then all you get is roadside assistance and if required tow to nearest gge within 10mls of breakdown AND NO RECOVERY HOME
3. If you pay for Roadside assistance and Recovery then you get Number 2 and FULL RECOVERY TO YOUR HOME anywhere within the UK
4 If you pay for roadside/recovery/homestart then you get number 2 and 3 and breakdown assistance at your home.
and so on and so on, I have been to many ADAC members myself and given them recovery to the level of there membership, ie if they only roadside then that all they get is a local recovery to nearest gge, but if they have the full monty ie ADAC PARTNER PLUS then this is full recovery to there home, and carhire if required but only if vehicle is non repairable at the side of the road and if at night time etc, as the ADAC terms & conditions are exactly the same as if you were in London or Rome or Lisbon etc, local tow to the nearest gge to see if they can fix it then full on recovery to your home address or gge of your choice if required.
Also you get recovery to local gge if you are involved in an accident and car hire, but with just the standard cover like the AA roadside only you get what you pay for and no more, this is why some people expect to get recovered to there home when they only have roadside cover and then get all arsy about it and don't give other people the correct information that that they only have roadside cover and not roadside/recovery, but moan when they breakdown and cannot get recovery to there home and make it look like AA / ADAC are the villain's and charge them extortionate prices ie £180 to be recovered home.
The AA and ADAC have in my working life with them have always bent over backwards to help there members and receive what they pay for and I can vouch for that as I have done 100s of recoverys on behalf of ADAC in the UK and always given there members exactly what they pay for, it is only the personal members of ADAC and the AA that pay the minimum cost for membership but expect the whole 9 yards when they get into trouble ie full roadside/recovery/homestart/carhire and moan when they don't get it, I have had to put up with lies and deceipt from some people who I went out to who say they have recovery but they only have roadside and it then becomes embarrassing to tell them they only get roadside assistance and a local tow and they get all nasty and tell everyone that the AA/ADAC dumped them on the side of the road or at a local gge 100s of miles from there home.
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have just joined on Friday, spoke to a very nice English speaking fella, took out cover for the 2 of us + medical cover as well, all for approx. £130 for the year, he confirmed we were covered for breakdowns and emergency medical cover anywhere in the EU, and the UK as well.
I could not pay with any type of cards, a bit odd, but seems there is some sort of bank transfer to do when I get the papers through, which he said would be in about 5 days, we'll see.......

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have just joined on Friday, spoke to a very nice English speaking fella, took out cover for the 2 of us + medical cover as well, all for approx. £130 for the year, he confirmed we were covered for breakdowns and emergency medical cover anywhere in the EU, and the UK as well.
I could not pay with any type of cards, a bit odd, but seems there is some sort of bank transfer to do when I get the papers through, which he said would be in about 5 days, we'll see.......
Hi there,

If the cover is for you and your partner, (Partner Plus), it should only have cost you €109, roughly about £90. Have you taken out two separate single memberships?

Regards,

Jock.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Hi Jock, not sure yet, have not paid anything yet, but assume we have breakdown cover and medical cover for the two of us, I believe he said 109Euro for B/D plus about 29 euro for medical cover.

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Make what you will of this ...I contacted ADAC just before Christmas with a couple of questions (as below ). Mainly to request clarification on renewal of present membership for UK based members . Based on membership level , ADAC Partner Plus ...... Also to clarify if new ( 1st time) memberships were being accepted for UK residents .

Both replies were within a day or 2 of each other.

First reply from .... Evelyn.Kun​z@nrh.adac.​de ..... Exactly as written by her, in English with no translation required .

Her reply , in blue

1) We did not receive new cards for our renewed membership early in 2013.We have had to carry our 2012 cards .Is there any reason for no new cards ? Do old cards remain valid providing we remain ADAC members ?

the membership cards do not expire. So you do not need new cards.

========

2 ) We are due to renew our membership for another year , in early 2014 , please confirm renewal dates for us .

114,50 € in February 2014. You can email credit card details.
========

3) Please show latest telephone numbers for UK members to contact ADAC , reference :

(a) membership renewals ................. telephone number plus email address please.

0049 - 221 472747/ / adac@adac.de

(b) breakdown assistance telephone numbers , for breakdown assistance in UK and in mainland Europe countries
on the back of you small service booklet, I send you an email document.

=======

4) I belong to a few online motoring forums and there does appear to be some confusion regarding UK residents being able to join ADAC ( first time join ) .......... It has been suggested that first time applicants for new memberships from UK are not being accepted by ADAC ? Can you confirm please ?
This is wrong, I do not know, where they have this information from.

Please also confirm that present UK members of ADAC can continue with ADAC membership . Yes, they can.

=============================

Second reply from ADAC

Claudia Brunner , via >>> service@gks.adac.de

( this reply is google translated from German ) ...... I put the bold on the contract part of the answer.

thanks for your message.

The Plus Club cards are - on payment of the annual contribution - Regular valid and must not be requested again every year.

Your ADAC Partner Plus package ( = your Plus membership and partner membership) automatically become longer still for another year , if not on time - three months before the end of the contribution year - is rescinded in writing by two members.

It is true that a new contract for the ADACPlusMitgliedschaft residing in the UK is no longer possible . Existing Plus memberships can be unchanged If technologies also continued with foreign residence.

Please use event of an accident case, the quoted after on the back of your booklet Plus Service phone numbers.

If you no longer have your Plus Service book, please contact us again . We will send you a new If technologies Plus service book to .

For questions we are at your complete disposal.

Yours truly

Claudia Brunner

General German Automobile Club eV ( ADAC )
Member Services ( GKS )
Membership + Insurance
Tel : 0851 5903 2503
Fax: 0851 5903 9200
http://www.adac.de/impressum

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
?

Rang ADAC today to join as they had bee recommended to me and was told that they do not take UK members any more to contact UK breakdown services. Has anyone else had this problem?
what the heck does adac stand for never heard of it ? steve

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Make what you will of this ...I contacted ADAC just before Christmas with a couple of questions (as below ). Mainly to request clarification on renewal of present membership for UK based members . Based on membership level , ADAC Partner Plus ...... Also to clarify if new ( 1st time) memberships were being accepted for UK residents .

Both replies were within a day or 2 of each other.

First reply from .... Evelyn.Kun​z@nrh.adac.​de ..... Exactly as written by her, in English with no translation required .

Her reply , in blue

1) We did not receive new cards for our renewed membership early in 2013.We have had to carry our 2012 cards .Is there any reason for no new cards ? Do old cards remain valid providing we remain ADAC members ?

the membership cards do not expire. So you do not need new cards.

========

2 ) We are due to renew our membership for another year , in early 2014 , please confirm renewal dates for us .

114,50 € in February 2014. You can email credit card details.
========

3) Please show latest telephone numbers for UK members to contact ADAC , reference :

(a) membership renewals ................. telephone number plus email address please.

0049 - 221 472747/ / adac@adac.de

(b) breakdown assistance telephone numbers , for breakdown assistance in UK and in mainland Europe countries
on the back of you small service booklet, I send you an email document.

=======

4) I belong to a few online motoring forums and there does appear to be some confusion regarding UK residents being able to join ADAC ( first time join ) .......... It has been suggested that first time applicants for new memberships from UK are not being accepted by ADAC ? Can you confirm please ?
This is wrong, I do not know, where they have this information from.

Please also confirm that present UK members of ADAC can continue with ADAC membership . Yes, they can.

=============================

Second reply from ADAC

Claudia Brunner , via >>> service@gks.adac.de

( this reply is google translated from German ) ...... I put the bold on the contract part of the answer.

thanks for your message.

The Plus Club cards are - on payment of the annual contribution - Regular valid and must not be requested again every year.

Your ADAC Partner Plus package ( = your Plus membership and partner membership) automatically become longer still for another year , if not on time - three months before the end of the contribution year - is rescinded in writing by two members.

It is true that a new contract for the ADACPlusMitgliedschaft residing in the UK is no longer possible . Existing Plus memberships can be unchanged If technologies also continued with foreign residence.

Please use event of an accident case, the quoted after on the back of your booklet Plus Service phone numbers.

If you no longer have your Plus Service book, please contact us again . We will send you a new If technologies Plus service book to .

For questions we are at your complete disposal.

Yours truly

Claudia Brunner

General German Automobile Club eV ( ADAC )
Member Services ( GKS )
Membership + Insurance
Tel : 0851 5903 2503
Fax: 0851 5903 9200
http://www.adac.de/impressum

The way I read that, the second reply contradicts the first :whatthe:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
The way I read that, the second reply contradicts the first :whatthe:

Thats why I posted it Dave , and highlighting the bit in the second reply . As I took the replies exactly the same as you .Jock in his reply is also reading it the same as us . Seems its dependant on who you speak with ( e mail) at ADAC .:whatthe:

My renewal with ADAC is due in a couple of weeks time , so I will go the way of paying with debit card , via phoning them ( same as last year ) . That should at least clarify the renewal bit . Will post on here how it goes . Any other info I get in the meantime , I will also post on here.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
My ADAC membership is due to expire 01/03/2014.. We have been a members since 2012 and are "partner plus". I rang today to remind myself of the run-out date and the male on the other end said "to save ringing you can renew now and we will debit it when the expiry date comes", so I said Ok.... That will cost us 79.50 Euros.. PS..I told him I had lost our membership cards and he said " we will put 2 more in the post to you".. Thats all I can say really... No problem... The number I rang was :- 00498976766632.. Hope this helps some one !! All the best. Mitch and Jenny..

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
the saga goes on...:Doh:

i have just called ADAC on 0049897676632 and was passed to an english speaking gentleman who told me the following:-

" I cannot join over the phone or on their web site as there is some problems with UK."

" I must email service@adac.de with my request for membership and my details." They will then arrange membership and send me the membership details and invoice to pay.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

I joined a few months ago all I had to do was give a European address so I used the campsite here in Cabopino, I joined on line and ticked the box saying would pay on receipt of my documents, when I arrived here the membership docs and card was here waiting for me, I then rang ADAC and paid with a credit card. They told me when I leave here and go back to the UK to ring them back and give them the UK address as a temp address until I return to Spain next year.
Hope this helps.

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
Thats why I posted it Dave , and highlighting the bit in the second reply . As I took the replies exactly the same as you .Jock in his reply is also reading it the same as us . Seems its dependant on who you speak with ( e mail) at ADAC .:whatthe:

My renewal with ADAC is due in a couple of weeks time , so I will go the way of paying with debit card , via phoning them ( same as last year ) . That should at least clarify the renewal bit . Will post on here how it goes . Any other info I get in the meantime , I will also post on here.
what a lot of faffing about cant you join another organisation. steve

damar

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
buckinhgam bucks
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
first van in 1967
Just wondered what this ADAC are like, have those of you that have had to use them been completely satisfied with the service ?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Never had to use them for breakdown but rang them dec 2012 to sort me an ambulance because of an injured knee. Excellent service..they had a girl ring me from Barcelona who was in touch with ambulance within 5 mins. Ambulance arrived in 10 mins and and transported me to Villayosa Hospital near Benidorm for excellent treatment. They contacted me several times on my return to the van to offer me repatriation back home. Luckily although i could not walk without crutches i was able to drive home. ( new knee april 2013 ) I was impressed with their service. BUSBY:roflmto:(now not then )

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Just wondered what this ADAC are like, have those of you that have had to use them been completely satisfied with the service ?

Yes :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

No. :thumbdown:

However, if venturing outside Mainland Europe, we'd consider rejoining.

Regards,

Jock.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Latest on my reply from ADAC

to recap. i called the given number advised for UK contacts and was told i could only apply by email. this is did late last week.

had this reply this morning ( google translated as it was in Deutsche )

Dear Mr P
thank you for your message.
We are happy to inform you that the individual clubs in the AIT and FIA (umbrella organizations of all automobile clubs) help their members against each other. If your permanent residence is abroad, a candidate is expected to the club in the country due to international agreements. This is also recommended, because the only way the entire range of services of the club in question may be used.
Please contact locally to the
AA Customer Support
Fanum House
Basingstoke
Hampshire RG21 4EA '

so according to this they have an agreement with AA so UK members are redirected to them :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back