Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
This may help some people,
Due to age (69) and previous medical problems, any travel insurance is now getting very expensive IMO, all companies seem to think that once past 65, we are all likely to keel over at any time, however I thought I would try the ADAC as we are insured with them anyway for our M/H , I asked for a quote for a 7 day cruise from Southampton to Norway in July this year, an instant quote came back, 45 euros, result. No medical history questions or any other questions at all, also it lasts for one year.!
I have not seen the T&C's yet, but I was assured I will be fully covered for illness or accidents.
Also, I asked the nice lady, who spoke excellent English, about any plans to supply English translations for their documents, she said that they had had many such requests, and it was being looked into. I would suggest not holding your breath though.!

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
£103 pounds from AA online for myself and my wife for 6 months away for all European countries except for Spain. I am 71 and my wife a little younger. I am also insured with ADAC.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
This may help some people,
Due to age (69) and previous medical problems, any travel insurance is now getting very expensive IMO, all companies seem to think that once past 65, we are all likely to keel over at any time, however I thought I would try the ADAC as we are insured with them anyway for our M/H , I asked for a quote for a 7 day cruise from Southampton to Norway in July this year, an instant quote came back, 45 euros, result. No medical history questions or any other questions at all, also it lasts for one year.!
I have not seen the T&C's yet, but I was assured I will be fully covered for illness or accidents.
Also, I asked the nice lady, who spoke excellent English, about any plans to supply English translations for their documents, she said that they had had many such requests, and it was being looked into. I would suggest not holding your breath though.!

I looked into this myself as I have one pre-existing condition and my wife has a few and I was disappointed to read in the translation that they do not cover you in respect of conditions from which you were suffering prior to taking out the policy. Not surprising really as if they had a blanket coverage they could be picking up very substantial bills.

Copy of policy translation:

2. No cover is provided,
a) if you knew before departure or it was predictable for you that you before
Departure known complaints, illnesses or injuries during the stay abroad require treatment; the exclusion also applies to the consequences of such treatment (including death);

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
That would exclude them paying for when you have had a diagnosis of eg beri beri before you go and decide not to seek treatment here, but go on your holidays and just seek treatment there.

If you have on ongoing or chronic condition for which you regularly take medication (eg my diabetes - insulin jabs all the while, or my underactive thyroid, one tablet every day) it also excludes those! - so it doesn't actually cover ANY pre-existing condition!

However if you get mown down by a truck, slip on wet leaves and break your ankle or contract measles - yes they'd be covered. Also of course if you travel within the EU and have EHIC, and any of the type of things in the second paragraph above and this one SUDDENLY cause a problem and you require EMERGENCY treatment for it, in Europe as long as you can pay whatever the contribution or co-pay is required in that country - the rest of it is re-imbursed by the UK - as long as you make sure they treat you under EHIC and therefore complete and give you all the correct bits of paper required under their and EHIC rules.

Even for the things in the third paragraph - most Travel insurers these days won't pay for private treatment if you could have 'reasonably' got it under EHIC.

So yes it's cheap, simply cos the cover isn't all that fantastic !

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Fortunately, my medical conditions are under control and have not been a problem for many years, I only need insurance to cover any illness or accidents while at sea, so the policy will do for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back