ADAC Renewals.....an update

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by davidallan, Sep 6, 2013.

1. davidallan

davidallan Funster

I have just renewed our Breakdown cover....3rd Year[ Used in Anger Once A1+++OK- AA UK attended/ M/H Puncture en route ]
    Things seem to be getting a little more Costly !! IN TELEPHONE Call 'Holding on Times' when through to Germany:Sad:
    The Direct dial tele no for Barbra Lorenz that many members will have DOES NOT put you through to her any more. It is just a 'Switch board' - WELCOME ...Service Center !
    After 3 calls [My German is not too Good & Never was:Blush:] waiting/Holding/Music etc quoting my membership no; 4 Times....Eventually did get through to a Nice English speaking person. Paid by visa and all OK.......ADAC Plus [My wife & Me + any vehicle] now £75 for another year- slightly UP from last year...About £6 -- BUT THEN ADD ON BT's TAKE for some 19 minutes in Total :Angry::Angry::Angry:

NO doubt some other FUNTERS will add their experiences of Renewing ? +
    By next years renewal date we may get to know if they have speeded things up & whether the Excellent - Barbara Lorenz is still around ? or her Direct Dial replacement :Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  2. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Hope it was all worth the waiting to get renewed, lets hope you never have to use it, but good to know it is there for you, and thanks for your post,:thumb: Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

3. DiggerJon

DiggerJon Funster

Use skype?

Try using Skype to call them as the prepaid credits bought for being able to use a landline number last for ever! I've used Skype all across the USA, in Spain and Morocco at a fraction of the cost of cellnet charges. Even better on sites with free wifi!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

I am not finding fault with any of the above posts.

Have to say that, I have never used them ( and don't want to) but for what they offer, I really would pay a lot, LOT more per year, so I wouldn't worry about a few quid on a phone call.

Just my view, don't want to offend.:Smile:

• Like Like x 6
  5. busby

busby Funster

Renewed mine last thurs, done in less than five minutes. BUSBY:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I guess it helps having a partner fluent in german having lived there for years:Laughing:

mind you Ive not been a fan of ADAC for some time. having breakdown insurance and still having to pay to be towed then lengthy battle for cash back is too stressful. AA will also treat you as second class if you break down in uk and call them in as adac's partner company. i had heard that the aa are renegotiating the deal as its costing them money now.

youve got to ask why and how they can be a third of the price of the competition. you get what you pay for really

7. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Nowt wrong with Adac, it's the AA that lets the side down ...

• Like Like x 2
  8. busby

busby Funster

Which other break down offers Repatriation if you are taken ill abroad. They were fantastic with me when i needed an ambulance to the hospital in Benidorm last year. The price is low because they are German and the Germans demand excellent service and value for money.:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Melchior

Melchior Read Only Funster

When we lived in Germany I joined ADAC because we had a rather old Mondeo which was exhibiting certain worrying symptoms. We were to drive from Frankfurt to the middle of nowhere in France. I really wasn't sure the car would make it there (it did) and back (it nearly didn't) so joined ADAC for €75/year. No problem, only bonus of being a member was points or discount at Shell petrol stations (I very rarely used them as others were cheaper even including the discount).

When we moved to NL I asked ADAC to cancel. Nicht can do sir, it's in the terms, there's a year cancellation period! So I had to forfeit the €75 and it will end next August.

10. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

We are just about to take out breakdown cover with ADAC, will let you know how we get on. I hope they take on older vans.

11. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

ADAC have no age limit on any vehicle you drive so excellent value for money, and they don't rip you off with the cost as do many other british breakdown companys Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 1
  12. busby

busby Funster

When you telephone them just ask if they speak ENGLISH, if they dont they will transfer you straight away to someone who does. They always have staff on duty who are fluent in ENGLISH and there is not an automatic switch board to go through. Excellent to deal with. BUSBY:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  13. busby

busby Funster

SO YOU ARE STILL COVERED FOR BREAKDOWN THEN. NO WORRIES.:Laughing:BUSBY.

• Like Like x 2
  14. stcyr

stcyr Funster

The required notice for cancellation is 3 months ....

15. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

Adac

Have been a member 6 years, never a problem with them understanding me, as said, ask do you speak english, they will put you on to one. Had to use them this year on m5. Aa, fast pleasant arrived within 40mins, on road in 20. Fuel blockage. Can only speak for me. :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I have just tried to phone Barbara Lorenz, got a german speaker who hung up on me and refused to answer when I redialed. I tried ringing the emergancy breakdown number for Europe, no longer recognised. So Who do I phone now to renew my membership. Anyone have a number that works please.

17. MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome Read Only Funster

Telephone 0049 221 47 27 47 - ask for english speaker, they will put you straight through. Have just renewed ours last week. We always pay (last four years) with a visa debit card - never been a problem. :thumb:

Used them twice in the UK via AA - First for my daughter and on second occasion myself - AA arrive within under 20 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  18. pinkie

pinkie Funster

Just adding my two'penneth worth onto this thread.............

Just phoned ADAC, wait time 1 min, then immediately transferred to a very helpful English speaker called Manfred who said to email him with the details and he will send me a bill so I can phone him with my card details tomorrow.

Easy peasy! :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  19. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Just had Miss Angelica Berthold on 0800 3211012 - this was from France though - but last week I rang 0049 941 55673, as usual, with the intention of talking to Barbara. One of her colleagues answered within 4 rings. When I asked if Barbara was free the colleague said B. was busy but could she help (which she did, in perfect English)...

• Like Like x 1
  20. easygirl

easygirl Read Only Funster

Renewed mine last week, phoned them on given number, got through first time, lady spoke English, renewed with card, easy peasey:Smile: