LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Just to settle this ---I have rang ADAC (JUST) Barbara Lorenz on 0049 941 55673 :thumb: SPOKEN TO Barra :winky: not sure barbra :winky: SOUNDED HE RATHER THAN HER- they are phoning me tomorrow with a English person so there is no mistake in translation :thumb: This abnormality only happens in France where the recovery firms will not accept Adac 200 euro limit so you have to pay but get a bill and ADAC will reimburse you.The limit is set to get you to a garage where a repair can take place.IF the repair cannot be done quickly/easy then they will take you home or onward in the same way as AA or RAC. or they will fly you home (depending on distance) then recover your vehicle :thumb:They assure me there is no cost to the member other than in France which they reimburse.
I am hoping after speaking to English person in the morning that they will come onto the forum to clarify :thumb:AGAIN he reassures me no cost and it is your choice if it is a major breakdown or after a accident -home or repair-
terry
Hi Terry,

As per the PMs, many thanks again for your efforts, and for the reassurance of ADAC's intentions to reimburse us. It is very encouraging.

The written report regarding ADR's incompetence will still be sent along with the receipts for "out of pocket expenses".

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Good to hear there's a good chance of being reimbursed Jock. Having been an ADAC member for many years, well before I was a member of MF and having recommended them to many members I was to say the least becoming more than a little concerned about the translations and problems others were having. A good result all round. Many thanks to Terry for the clarifications. I know it doesn't help having to shell out for any repairs whilst on holiday but at least if you are sure of getting it back it takes the sting out of it. As long as you have a credit card with you and pay the bill with that the reimbursement should be through before the bill comes in. Unfortunately in real life it never works out like that for me. :Doh:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I know it doesn't help having to shell out for any repairs whilst on holiday but at least if you are sure of getting it back it takes the sting out of it. As long as you have a credit card with you and pay the bill with that the reimbursement should be through before the bill comes in. Unfortunately in real life it never works out like that for me. :Doh:
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier.

You are absolutely spot on there. We are fortunate enough to have been able to cover the cost, however, there are many folks out there, (especially these days) who don't have that sort of facility available to them. We very nearly turned round to come home, because of the hefty outlay, and we kid you not.
Thankfully, we bit the bullet and carried on, and have had a great time.

Many thanks to all for their good wishes as a result of our breakdown.

Best regards to all, (especially Terry :winky:).

Jock & Rita.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
One thing I have found out about our German neighbours is that if ANYTHING needs clarifying it WILL be done. Black is black and white is white. They don't have grey areas.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi ALL :Smile: sorry about the late reply.Barbara phoned me this morning as promised (just as I was going out of the door for Whitby :Doh:-only just got back in :winky:) She asked if I could assure the people on the forum that there is nothing to pay anywhere in Europe other than in France (I will not write what she called the French) If it happens in France get a reciept (make a copy for yourself) and send original to ADAC head office in Munich for a full refund.
The 200 euro limit is to get you recovered to a nearby garage to repair your vehicle :thumb:they have deals in place with there partners (except France)that allow upto 180 km for the 200euro for this purpose.If the van cannot be repaired that day or is going to take upto 3 days they will pay for you (all) in a hotel for 3 days/nights or give you a hire car for 7 days which ever you want.Once the repair is done (within 3 days) they will then return the van to you be that at your home or hol destination.Once it is established the repair cannot be done within 3 days (be that straight away IE blown engine etc,)then the recovery home kicks in :thumb: for which there is no charge what so ever :thumb:Obviously if you elect to have a repair done you have to pay for it.In all cases you have the choice,repair/hotel/car hire or recovery :thumb:
Barbara hopes this clears up any confusion that has occurred,but if anyone has any questions please ring her.
terry

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi ALL :Smile: sorry about the late reply.Barbara phoned me this morning as promised (just as I was going out of the door for Whitby :Doh:-only just got back in :winky:) She asked if I could assure the people on the forum that there is nothing to pay anywhere in Europe other than in France (I will not write what she called the French) If it happens in France get a reciept (make a copy for yourself) and send original to ADAC head office in Munich for a full refund.
The 200 euro limit is to get you recovered to a nearby garage to repair your vehicle :thumb:they have deals in place with there partners (except France)that allow upto 180 km for the 200euro for this purpose.If the van cannot be repaired that day or is going to take upto 3 days they will pay for you (all) in a hotel for 3 days/nights or give you a hire car for 7 days which ever you want.Once the repair is done (within 3 days) they will then return the van to you be that at your home or hol destination.Once it is established the repair cannot be done within 3 days (be that straight away IE blown engine etc,)then the recovery home kicks in :thumb: for which there is no charge what so ever :thumb:Obviously if you elect to have a repair done you have to pay for it.In all cases you have the choice,repair/hotel/car hire or recovery :thumb:
Barbara hopes this clears up any confusion that has occurred,but if anyone has any questions please ring her.
terry
Cheers for that Terry.

All the best,

Jock & Rita.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread