ADAC Cover? -PLEASE BE AWARE- (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
In a way it must be of interest to these insurance companies to try and get it right--
There must be 0000`s of people now on forums who refer or review or complain about them ,they ought to take note---we can now TALK !!!:thumb:

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Update.......but not by much of one.

Hi all,

After being promised a reply in English from Herr Pafalensky, I became quite frustrated to receive a lengthy letter from him.............in German, which I eventually managed to have scanned and translated at my work place. However, it contained nothing that hadn't been discussed over the phone, but it did ask for our bank details so that they could refund €200 plus hotel expenses. Not blooming likely, because as far as we are concerned, the matter isn't going stop there........not if we can help it.

I forwarded a photo (Googled) of the very same recovery vehicle which ADR sent out to us, (which failed to recover us), along with..........
1...A photo of our MH
2...A photo of the converter's plate displaying the GVW.
3...A copy of the last weigh bill from the VOSA weighbridge, displaying the MH axle weights at that time.
4...A copy of the Vehicle Design Weight Certificate, as issued by VOSA at DVLA Swansea.

Having heard nothing for a week after posting, I dug about a bit more on the internet, and somehow managed to come up with the names (and photos) of the three top directors at ADAC.de, two of whom I have emailed individually with details of our claim. That was last week sometime.

Less than an hour ago, I received an email reply from a Herr Wessling, (in perfect English), informing me that he and his fellow senior management colleague were in receipt of my communications, and that they would come back to me with a coordinated response.....................as soon as my communications had been through ADAC's translation department. Not again!!!!! :Doh::Doh::Doh:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

P.S. My earlier post re a German national (living in the UK), representing us, has not materialised, possible due to a misunderstanding.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is a shame to read of Jock and Rita's experience

It is a shame and disappointment to read of Jock and Rita's on going problems with ADAC.

I can only speak of my experience of having to call on there service this year after we had a blow out on one of our double back wheels on the euro train going to France.

I do have Safeguard insurance which i could have called, but chose to use ADAC as I purchased it for such an issue with tyres.

In just over an hour a break down truck arrived ... took a look at my size 5.5 tons and 45' with the car trailer... went back to his depot in Calais and come back with a big low loader. However between us (me and the mechanic) we managed to change the tyre for a spare on the back of the RV... All I had to do was sign for the time.. which I did.

The service worked well for me. I have now been a member a few years and this was the first time I needed to call them and it did what it said on the tin. I think Jock and Rita just got a bad recovery company.

I hope you resolve the issues you have soon.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thanks Bob. :Smile:

clipped.... I think Jock and Rita just got a bad recovery company.

I hope you resolve the issues you have soon.

Bob
I think that is the whole crux of the matter Bob, ie, a bad recovery company in the name of ADR Narbonne. However, if they are representing ADAC, and provide a poor service, surely ADAC should sort us out, and take it up with ADR?

If I have to Bob, please can I use your post above in support of our case, extolling the excellent recovery service that was provided to a fellow ADAC member, with a similar vehicle in respect of weight and size?

Cheers,

Jock.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks for the warning Jock I'm off for a month in October and was thinking of getting ADAC cover but based on your experience and a few other bad reviews think I'll keep my money and just stick with Safeguard.:thumb: Probably don't need it never had it in 7 years roaming the world just belts and braces I thought.

Owe you a pint next week mate.
Send you a e mail later about next week:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Of course you can

Thanks Bob. :Smile:

I think that is the whole crux of the matter Bob, ie, a bad recovery company in the name of ADR Narbonne. However, if they are representing ADAC, and provide a poor service, surely ADAC should sort us out, and take it up with ADR?

If I have to Bob, please can I use your post above in support of our case, extolling the excellent recovery service that was provided to a fellow ADAC member, with a similar vehicle in respect of weight and size?

Cheers,

Jock.

Of course you can.... 5th June .... Calais... Euro citi aires called to... Calais local company.... Yes it was my Winnebago Aspect and I had a car trailer loaded on the back.

Bob

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Of course you can.... 5th June .... Calais... Euro citi aires called to... Calais local company.... Yes it was my Winnebago Aspect and I had a car trailer loaded on the back.

Bob
good to see you back posting Bob:thumb:
you sold your rv yet?

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp

Bob
Thanks again Bob. :thumb: I hope I don't have to quote you, but it is ensuring to know that I can, if need be. Cheers. :beer:

Owe you a pint next week mate.
Send you a e mail later about next week. :thumb:
I look forward to that pint pal. :beer:
Email received thanks Rory, and will be replied to shortly, but I'd rather you didn't give me a heart attack, :whatthe: ie, it's not "next week", :stopsign:, it's the week after............if we're both going to the same do. :ROFLMAO:
Pat4Neil (Pat & Neil) will be there too with their friends.

Back on topic...........no further response from ADAC senior management since this afternoon. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Call today

Well I called them this morning to take out cover. The chap took my address details and give me 2 x membership numbers. When I asked him about paying for cover he said they only do bank transfer even though I wanted o pay over the phone by card. IS this the norm or did he not have a clue???

Any advise please as collect our motorhome Friday. Still trying to get good price for insurance here in Spain, but thats another story...........

Don Q

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Well I called them this morning to take out cover. The chap took my address details and give me 2 x membership numbers. When I asked him about paying for cover he said they only do bank transfer even though I wanted o pay over the phone by card. IS this the norm or did he not have a clue???

Any advise please as collect our motorhome Friday. Still trying to get good price for insurance here in Spain, but thats another story...........

Don Q
Hi there,

No it's not the norm for UK membership applications. Phone Barbara Lorenz on 0049 941 55673, or email amanda.moser-wickles@sby.adac.de and if you provide contact details, she will arrange for Barbara to phone you. It's all done through a credit card.

HTH,

Jock.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi there,

No it's not the norm for UK membership applications. Phone Barbara Lorenz on 0049 941 55673, or email amanda.moser-wickles@sby.adac.de and if you provide contact details, she will arrange for Barbara to phone you. It's all done through a credit card.

HTH,

Jock.

Do it via email and let them phone you -it cost me over 15 quid to phone them :winky:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have done it both ways

Don Q

I have done it both ways.. you can call Barbara and pay using a card.. but the call can be expensive... you can do it by an IBAN transfer or you can fill the form out and send them your credit card details.. (they take about 3 weeks to take the money but it works) you will get a card and that is the only one you get.. at renewal you just phone up and pay... It is about time they had a better system for the UK, given the number of members over here.

Bob

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Do it via email and let them phone you -it cost me over 15 quid to phone them :winky:
terry
It costs coppers Terry if you phone using Skype. :winky:

I have to say that Amanda Moser-Wickles hasn't replied to any emails I have sent her, however, Barbara has always phoned when requested to.

Cheers,

Jock.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Hi there,

HTH,

Jock.

Jock you are a star I will call her tomorrow. thought it was a little strange....

Don Q

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Jock you are a star I will call her tomorrow. thought it was a little strange....

Don Q
Glad to be of help, just like Terry and Bob. :winky:

May I take this opportunity to say that he purpose of my original post is not so much to discourage folks from joining ADAC, but to make them aware of how things have turned out for us, (we're not the only ones BTW), and to keep folks up to date with progress...........when and if there is any. :Doh:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Glad to be of help, just like Terry and Bob. :winky:

May I take this opportunity to say that he purpose of my original post is not so much to discourage folks from joining ADAC, but to make them aware of how things have turned out for us, (we're not the only ones BTW), and to keep folks up to date with progress...........when and if there is any. :Doh:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Not a problem your post was an insight for a new MH owner as we are. Living here in Spain however it is hard to cover all the bases before going out in our new ( not really new) MH for the first time. So reading everything I can find right now before we do the first trip and breakdown cover was one of them, insurance is the other, here in Spain it's so costly.... (if only we had a UK base address!!!!)

Fingers crossed of course:thumb: we never need it in the first place...

Thank you for your time.

Don Q

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Update 04/09/12

Hi all,
Last week, Rita and I received a typed letter (in english), informing us of ADAc's stance on the matter, the contents of which, should have come from Mr Pafalensky as promised, in the form of a translated letter.
Despite me contacting the three top directors of ADAC, (which includes the CEO), alerting them to our plight, ADAC have continued to refuse to acknowledge, that their recovery partner (ADR Narbonne, contracted to them and not us) were responsible for the failure to tow our MH the short 17Km distance, under the €200 towing limit, due to either incompetence, faulty equipment, or both.

Instead of taking up the matter up with ADR, ADAC have left the problem squarely at our feet.
ADAC have offered a partial refund which still leaves us €330.00 (£271.00) out of pocket.

They have also stated
"Please be informed that we will neither read nor comment nor revise your postings in various internet forums".
Only two forums were posted on by us, with regards to the above issue, which I and Terry above alerted them to..........and I'll bet they have read every post. :Cool:

So, that's it. We've been beaten by the ADAC establishment, regardless of the fact that neither Rita nor I have been responsible for any of the failings throughout this process, since our MH immobiliser malfunctioned on the Aire de Service Narbonne Plage, on the morning of 12 April 2012.

There isn't much left to say, is there really?

Regards to all, especially those that have supported us throughout, both on the forums and in person at meets.

TTFN,

Jock (& Rita).

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Hi Both

Is it that there is some sort of disclaimer in the policy that absolves them from their agents incompetence, that is somewhere in the German text of the policy, or are they using some other slippery means to avoid meeting their obligations?
We are on route Germany at present and will get ours checked out by a German National because slippery, dodging tactics is not what we expected from a company with their reputation.
Even if it is down to their agent, I would have expected an ex-gracia payment to have been made. The harm this has done them must far outweigh the out of pocket costs you are asking for.
I really thought that German organisations were better than that.
They do a disservice to the good name that Germany has earned by the shabby way they have conducted themselves.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi J & R thanks for the update :thumb: I for one will stop recomending them for the near future,and will look more closely at alternatives come renewal time next year :Angry:I hope they are reading this as they are claerly admiting fault even if only partialy :Eeek:
terry

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sorry to hear that Jock lets hope others don't waste their money with this firm. We for one won't be as this is'nt the first bad report we've heard about ADAC.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
What a pity, our RAC is up for renewal & we WERE going to switch to ADAC until we saw the problems you're having. So we've renewed with the RAC for another year but not until I got them reduce the price by £100.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jock & Rita, sorry to hear of the outcome to your claim with ADAC. I have just renewed my policy with them (it took four attempts over a four week period to get them to take my payment). I wish that I hadn't bothered now. This debacle does no good to ADAC's reputation at all.
I will not be renewing with them next year.

We look forward to meeting up with you both soon.

Brisey & Pam..

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
What a pity, our RAC is up for renewal & we WERE going to switch to ADAC until we saw the problems you're having. So we've renewed with the RAC for another year but not until I got them reduce the price by £100.

Just rejoined RAC as well--
ADAC say they don`t read forums,i wonder if they are reading that more and more are not joining them!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I know the odd one goes wrong

I know the odd one can go wrong. but given they have 17 million members that is not a surprise really.

I have used them and it did what it said on the tin.

I can only report what I find.. cheaper than others and it worked for me when I needed to call them out. I know a very few that have had issues, but many times more those that found it work.

Bob

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi all,

Yesterday, we learned by letter that a payment of €252 was credited to our Nationwide account.

The letter stated that "ADAC do not provide towing services outside of Germany, but assists it's members, if need be, by organising towing upon the member's request".

A fellow MH'ing couple on here, (and FACTS) has been in touch with Rita and I personally, and as a result of all the bother we have had, and the above confirmed statement from ADAC, they have decided not to take out ADAC Plus cover for their trip to Morocco.

For us, the ADAC chapter is over.

Regards,

Jock & Rita.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We had to use ADAC about 3 weeks ago, on a sunday night, on the A38 south of Derby... no problems at all. All sorted within a couple of hours despite AA c***king up as usual.

::bigsmile:

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry to read this

Hi Jock and Rita
Have only just seen this thread. Sorry to read of your trials and tribulations. You were reallly looking forward to this trip when I last spoke to you. Hope the rest of the trip goes well for you :thumb:
Kath

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hi all,

"ADAC do not provide towing services outside of Germany, but assists it's members, if need be, by organising towing upon the member's request".

They mean Adac itself does not provide towing services outside Germany - they'd have to have a massive fleet all over Europe ... they use the other country's breakdown service when needed. :Smile:

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
They mean Adac itself does not provide towing services outside Germany - they'd have to have a massive fleet all over Europe ... they use the other country's breakdown service when needed. :Smile:
We know what it means, and that's why a simple immobiliser failure went belly up in our case, ie, ADAC using a what turned out to be a bit of a cowboy outfit for recovery.

Kath, thanks. This all happened back in April, and is not a very recent event.

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back