ADAC & AA [UK]....Poor Relations ? (1 Viewer)

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
My 1500 mile vehicle decided that Electrical fuses had been overloaded.....[Thanks to a Charger lead Exploding itself in the cigarrete socket:Eeek:] Bits fell out and that was that. SHORT CIRCUIT !
It was on my home drive ...:thumb: Replaced 2 fuses THAT HAD BLOWN [ pdf file Input advice] ..BUT it would not start:cry:

Time to tele: my ADAC membership people....[1st time ] and ask for a tow to my Nearest Fiat dealer...[None in Leeds ??] so Wakefield it was to be.

ADAC managed the call OK & quoted a time 'wait' of circa 90 mins.....:RollEyes:

Just after the 90 mins.ADAC called ....the UK AA phoned....and ., W'ell be there in about 90 mins. or so......Reckoned they had only just got the 'Telex' message from ADAC ??

..Just over 3 hrs since the first call,,,,,Good job I was on the Home driveway then:Angry::Angry:

So nearly 4 1/2 hrs to arrive at the Fiat dealer. Thankfully mended [3 other fuses blown?]
and only took another hour.

IS THIS THE BEST THE 2 OF THEM ACT TOGETHER ??......NOT IMPRESSED:cry:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
but cheap

but it is cheap.. and when not urgent as in this case it still worked.

I have used ADAC in France and 1 hour from call to a recovery truck.. worked fine.

As for the AA I had to use them via Safeguard for my RV when I had the n/s calliper seize .. fast turn out with the right heavy low loader truck... so it seems ADAC works in Europe and AA works here...

But as I said above.. ADAC is cheap and well worth the money I paid out for the attention I got to a 5.5 ton RV with a trailer (45' long overall)...

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back