Active X on HTC HD2 Smartphone (1 Viewer)

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
It seems funny posting a question like this on a Motorhome Forum but as I have had no luck elsewhere I am testing the brains of our club!:ROFLMAO:

Here goes:
A program is requesting to download ActiveX on my HTC smartphone but Windows mobile apparently doesn't support activeX.
Does anybody know of a way round the problem.
The software enables a live view of security cameras/DVR system

Waiting in anticipation

Soundman:RollEyes:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
It seems funny posting a question like this on a Motorhome Forum but as I have had no luck elsewhere I am testing the brains of our club!:ROFLMAO:

Here goes:
A program is requesting to download ActiveX on my HTC smartphone but Windows mobile apparently doesn't support activeX.
Does anybody know of a way round the problem.
The software enables a live view of security cameras/DVR system

Waiting in anticipation

Soundman:RollEyes:

Soundman

Found this on the internet it may help.

From microsoft:

Yes, IE Mobile does support ActiveX quite extensively. In fact, the Windows Media Player is an ActiveX control. Adobe Flash is a good example of a 3rd party ActiveX control.

There are some platform differences that everyone needs to be aware of.
1. You can’t run Windows based ActiveX controls on a Windows Mobile devices. (X86 and ARM processors are too dissimilar.)So the Windows Mobile ActiveX controls need to be compiled for our platform and the ARM processor.
2. Windows Mobile IE Mobile does not support automatic download of ActiveX controls. This was a deliberate decision made to increase device security and to avoid the first point (a X86 version of a control being pushed down to a ARM based device).

There are 2 ways an ActiveX control can get on your device. Both require user interaction.
1. Installing it from a synced desktop
2. Copying a CAB file to the device and installing it locally

OP
OP
Soundman

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
Hi there Diabalo
I also found this article on the net but I'm not that much wiser on how to aquire the ActiveX file in order to transfer it to the mobile.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You MUST make sure the active x control has been compiled for the arm processor on you HTC though, push a x86 to it and you could very badly break it.

Are they Axis cameras..if so go to the Axis site and search on their suppport pages, they seem pretty good at having these things available. If its there download the cab file and just install it like any other programme.

OP
OP
Soundman

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
You MUST make sure the active x control has been compiled for the arm processor on you HTC though, push a x86 to it and you could very badly break it.

Are they Axis cameras..if so go to the Axis site and search on their suppport pages, they seem pretty good at having these things available. If its there download the cab file and just install it like any other programme.

Many thanks for your suggestions wireman

PM Sent!

Soundman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back