Actifry !!!...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Heyupluv, May 13, 2013.

1. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

ACTIFRY..Tefal or Seb (same item from the same company both French )...........come on....who has got one.....more info later:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Mel

2. StitchUp

StitchUp Read Only Funster

A friend of mine has one and she absolutely loves it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

They might have cured the problem , but they did have a reputation for catching fire.

Try googling ' Actifry fire hazard'

As I say , any problems there were might now be resolved.

I have heard they are excellent but the fire risk puts me off - a bit like Beko fridge freezers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heyupluv

Well a Motorhomefun friend of ours ...Don Quixote...John & Dawn...has one and said they are good... John is not daft far from it also very street wise:thumb:(as far as I know John purchased it for a more healthier way of eating chips and many other foods)....

Yes I know they are not cheap....they vary from £120 upwards for the 1kg to £140 to £180 for the 1.2kg to and £169 to £240 for the 1.5kg......

We thought they were just another tefal gimmick....and dismissed them.......till after Chris had her stroke...and I needed to lose weight (well just a little) ..so we watched YouTube and adverts for many many hours.......and then purchased the 1.2kg actifry Plus.....Wow they are good....yes expensive chips, stir,fry and lots of other items you can cook in the Actifry....but it is simple.. put your freshly cut potatoes chips , or potato pieces for roast potatoes set the timer press start/on and forget about it till alarm bleeps to say it is finished...(It does not totally get rid of your deep fat fryer...but it does most of the items you would do in the D/fat fryer...:thumb:with less fat intake...the chips are a cross between a normal D/F/fried chip and a lot tastier than an oven chip..crispy and dry:thumb:

Mel

Last edited: May 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Heyupluv

Thanks Chris....done

6. davejen

davejen Funster

We have one too and agree they are great, we take it away with us , a bit bulky to store but that is the only downside. Wifey makes all sorts of goodies with it and I think the chips are far better than ovenchips etc.
    Cheers, Dave:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

Merilyn says she loves it and I certainly love what it cooks. She uses it everyday at home and we take it in the van and use it all the time while away. Chips, veg, toast, toasties, chicken etc can all be cooked far more healthily than conventional frying methods. :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  8. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

We had one and it did catch on fire.
    Used it for 6 months then the fan slowed down but the element kept heating(red hot).:Eeek:
    Could not put any thing other than hard pre shaped items in it: ie no self made battered food.
    We use a good deep fat fryer with good oil now:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

Scratch the toast and toasties. Apparently they are done in the double skillet. Shows how much I cook.

But, you can do stir fry's, bacon, sausages, rissottos, chillis, curries. In fact anything that's in the recipe book that comes with it.

You will gather from the above that I am to cooking what Dame Margot Fonteyne is to oxy-acetylene welding.:Doh:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Had 2 and same fault, catch on lid hardened and broke,great bit of kit and ive heard they rectified fault.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I suppose it works on the same principle as the original dry frying pan for a hob - like the one here, so if you don't have electric hook up but still want to have a dry fry facility, this would be a solution especially since it has a detachable handle, and doesn't seem to be a bad price.

dry fry pan

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kevinthecat

Kevinthecat Funster

We have had ours for about a year, the only things we cook in it are chips or roast potatoes and are very happy with the results.
    I would rather stir fry in a wok .
    It is a bulky bit of machinery the kitchen work services are taken up with everything from bread maker , coffee machine, kenwood etc, when cleaning the kitchen it feels like your having a workout having to move/lift everything to clean .
    I ask myself do we really need all this stuff. :Eeek:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

• Like Like x 1