Acsi

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by chaser, Aug 6, 2014.

1. chaser

chaser Funster

How does this work, not useing camps much before, never looked into it, but looking at the port grimaud campsite yesterday it is half price in September for acsi which is a saving of about £50 on three nights, so got to looking for the card but most were sold out but looked on eBay and some firm called outdoor bits had got some for £13.50 so I have ordered one so am saving £35 on just the three days, never mind any more camps we might use, is it this simple or is there a catch, do you have to register or something after it comes or is it really a no brainer that it looks, if so how's it work.

2. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

It really is a no brainer!!!
    Just fill in your details on the card that comes with the book. Show it at the reception when you arrive and voila - reduced rate!
    Have to buy a new one each year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MikeD

MikeD Funster

We used ACSI all the time on our travels abroad.

Just show the card to the reception for your discount. (y)(y)

4. ukbill

ukbill Funster

yes its as simple as 1 2 3

5. laneside

laneside Funster

There is a card in the front of the book which you remove and sign and show at reception when arriving. It does expire in December and you have to buy the 2015 book.

We have used them often and only encountered two minor problems i) where a site kept inferior pitches for Asci card users and ii) one site in Portugal, out of season, was a couple of euros cheaper per night without using the card.
    That said we have always had value for money out of the purchase

6. ukbill

ukbill Funster

always just ask for a pitch then they normally tell you to pick 1 dont show ya acsi till you have picked 1 then you will know if they have some which are acsi only

• Like Like x 2
  7. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

I've never experienced the acsi only pitch business, but I don't doubt it happens at some sites.
    Brilliant system, the cost of the book comes back more often than not with the first use.
    Crackin system.

8. Detnor

Detnor Funster

In addition to everything said above, great system and soon recover the cost, on many sites, they will take your ACSI card in place of a passport as ID.

9. chaser

chaser Funster

Bl...... Hell, it's here, only ordered it yesterday afternoon , it's just dropped through the letterbox from Devon, how do they do that(y)(y)(y)

• Like Like x 1
  10. carolyn

carolyn Funster

We used it on 3 different sites in the UK this year the first 2 weeks in July. Not too many sites yet in the UK but hopefully that will change.

11. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

We are going to be using it in Portugal and Spain this September and October. I planned the trip around ACSI sites and there were only a couple of places I wanted to visit where there wasn't an ACSI site available so we will be paying full fare at those ones, but everywhere else will be ACSI.

12. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

The ACSI DVD is a good buy - see all the sites on your laptop. This does not get you the discount, just a planner and you don't need to buy every year unless you desperately need the few new sites added.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SUGGY

SUGGY Funster Life Member

We found that sites in Europe , that are not on the ACIS register will give you ACIS rate if you show them the card , :devil:

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Dude

The Dude Funster

ACSI is brilliant - saved a fortune on our 30 day trip to Crete earlier this year which was all 'out of season' therefore ACSI rates. Didn't save as much coming back though due to travelling June/July (in main season for most of sites).

15. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

There's an ACSI app for Android too, and it's free.

• Like Like x 2
  16. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Benidorm, Vila Sol did this for us.

17. Cobweb

Cobweb

The Acsi card is brilliant . We have used it for many years . I do show my card as soon as I arrive although most of the times you can choose any pitch you like . Only once we paid a few euro extra to have a pitch by a river . You can also access the Acsi CC online to search for a suitable site . So far we have not had to book and only twice have arrived late to find a campsite full .Both sites were by the Danube in Austria during a bank holiday weekend . When you leave be sure you get your card back if the reception has kept it .....we had to
    drive back many miles once to retrieve ours .

• Like Like x 1
  18. TerryL

TerryL Funster

Nothing against the UK retailers but if you order direct from the ACSI website and also set up a recurring payment you get the new edition usually before anyone else. And it's a bit cheaper.

They also do a Camping Carnet card which you can order at the same time for less than you'll pay at any UK provider (eg CC, AA etc). Use this instead of leaving your passports with reception - but please note although you can use the carnet at any site it doesn't entitle you to the ACSI discount; you still need to buy the book. We've noticed a few sites now are checking this.

Like everybody else we saved the cost on the first night we used it - and a fortune since!

19. chaser

chaser Funster

Yes I realise that but they are sold out and pretty much everywhere else as well only tried eBay as a last resort, and this firm **********s only has a few according to the website, but how they got it here in about 16 hours beats me. R m as well

20. carolyn

carolyn Funster

I get mine direct from ACSI as its cheaper but mine arrived after many of the people on this forum had got theirs from Vicarious books, it is odd that the postage from the Netherlands is cheaper than in the UK. mind you I find that when I get my Senseo coffee pods direct from there.

• Like Like x 1