LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
One of the Spanish sites we stayed on offered us their own deal which was better than the acsi price but had to be a minimum of 5 day stay.

Not that I'd recommend the site (Alvor) but it also knocks off a Euro if you stay five days.
It probably says something that we didn't stay the five days, and me a Tyke as well.

malrider

Free Member
May 12, 2012
CARDIFF
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
since a child
Hi same problem ordered 26th November still not arrived, after several emails they replied and stated that my credit card had expired and i should re order. I paid by direct debit which was taken on 28th November. finally got a feeble sorry and book on its way. Great pity because we love ACSI sites.

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
Him All, I ordered mine from Vicarious Books and it arrived 48 hours later. I think it pays to order from the UK even if it is more expensive.
Going to spend 6 weeks in France and Spain in May and June, so it will pay for itself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Him All, I ordered mine from Vicarious Books and it arrived 48 hours later. I think it pays to order from the UK even if it is more expensive.
Going to spend 6 weeks in France and Spain in May and June, so it will pay for itself.
Does it work in may and June?

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Don't know why any of you are bothering with ACSI - there are so many great aires/sostas etc, many with free faciilities, and you have everything on board anyway so why would you need ACSI?!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Don't know why any of you are bothering with ACSI - there are so many great aires/sostas etc, many with free faciilities, and you have everything on board anyway so why would you need ACSI?!

Because I cannot persuade SWMBO, that "Free" or "Cheap" sites are as safe as Campgrounds!. This is the woman that Happily spent 10 days "wilding" in the Arizona Desert, But doesn't trust continental "aires". since we stayed one night in a French Village and got hassled by Moroccan Migrants!. (2003)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Just what I was thinking, we've bought acsi twice over the years, last year was the 2nd time & we didn't use it! Probably won't bother again!

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Just looked on ACSI site but can't find an answer. What is low season ? Would I still get the discount in June?

Tia Chris

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
I try my question in a different way. I'm going to France for a month in June, touring. Is it worth getting

Chris

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Because we like decent showers and toilets and enjoy outside living,,i.e. bbq,,sun beds swimming pool etc. We use aires when travelling but enjoy a site when stopping for a few days,,BUSBY,,

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)

Agree with this to some extent. We always use free sites/ Aires but when we're away for 6/8 weeks we do have to use a site a few times to do washing and ACSI is useful for this.

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Friends who we were touring with, who did not have an ACSI card were given discounts very similar to what we paid with our ACSI card. Think they paid about 1euro more at the two places we stayed.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
I also believe that they are going to stop producing their DVD version after 2017.Shame as its a handy addon to the books

papaken

Free Member
Jan 29, 2013
newcastle upon tyne
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
The Cc App which you can download is the I think a better replacement for the DVD, you can buy it on your iPad or mobile phone and it can be used offline, gives you site details and even reviews from users.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
I don't have the app so I can't comment on it ,but there are a few things on the DVD that i find very helpful.
1/ It has a built in route planner that will route from England to Hungary (my sat nav doesn't have enough memory to do this)and as the sites are built in you don't need to add coordinates you can make a list of at least 10 sites move them around in any order and then plan your route
2/you can search for sites using criteria such as are they open during certain period ,by beach,near town ,no kids, allow dogs
3/When searching for sites in Spain i can narrow the fields to look by areas Castile Leon Valencia
4/When I've narrowed the field down there are still dozens of little flags on my screen to try and click on.This I find easier to do on a 14 inch screen than on a 5inch screen.
5/finally there is no copyright restriction on the DVD so close friends may benefit.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
ACSI card could be useful in June, it doesn't take long for the membership to pay for itself, a couple of nights, and the sites have been inspected.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back