Acsi to Copilot

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by goldenline, Oct 12, 2015.

1. goldenline

goldenline Funster

does anyone know how to add Acsi to poi on copilot which I have installed on my iPad . Thanks. Alan

2. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

Where did you get the POI file, and what format is it in?

3. goldenline

goldenline Funster

I only have the Acsi app on my iPad and have downloaded copilot to see what it is like and wondered if it is possible it to work with copilot
    Alan

4. sallylillian

You can get any POI file to work if you know how. CoPilot needs a .csv file (comma separated) . It needs 3 columns, with header labels in row 1, of Longitude, Latitude and name. Sounds complicated but easy. You will find that Garmin are CSV and others but using an online conversion you can convert almost any POI file to csv. Then open it in Excel or any spreadsheet program to check the column headers or add them if not there. So having now got the file you drop it into the folder within the CoPilot folder on your root directory. I know Android but not Apple, however you should have a folder EU and within that a Save folder drop in there and start CoPilot. It will find them and take you through the options of creating a new POI group. So if you are deciding whether to buy on the basis of adding your own poi's it is easy once you get used to it. I have for example created my own map of sites in Google maps, save out of there as KML and convert to .csv, and then follow above. I have added Archies, MyLPG, Spanish Aires, and other files in a similar way. If you have icons they can be added and associated with your new POI set. If you get it wrong just delete the file in the save folder and the equivalent file created by copilot in user (I think thats the folder). Hope this helps?

• Like Like x 1
  5. keith

keith Funster

• Like Like x 1
  6. goldenline

goldenline Funster

Thanks for the info will give it atry

7. sallylillian

It probably wont work on a trial version I suspect.