Free Member
Jan 6, 2017
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have 2 children so I've always assumed it is not worth us getting an ACSI card as we have to stick to school holidays. But on the ACSI website, it seems to imply that the only time you can't use it is during the big summer holiday. Can you use the card (in UK & Europe) during the rest of the year, i.e. half terms, Easter/Xmas holidays etc.? Thanks in advance!

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
The ACSI card is for use during 'low season' , these vary and for some countries/areas this might include Easter and Xmas holidays. It depends where you are thinking of going.

For example, the campsite we are on at Navajas is at the low season rate from September up until Easter. It stops for couple of weeks and then starts again up until the end of June.

I always thought acsi card was for a rate for 2 adults but now note that up to 3 children under 5 are also included at a number of the campsites. Again, you would have to look at the campsite in the guide.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lisassister

Free Member
Jan 6, 2017
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Jenben. So it varies from area to area or country to country? I'm guessing the UK sites won't include any of the school holidays?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I haven't got the UK one in front of me but I would guess not. Have you looked at joining the C&CC or the CC ? They have a lot of temporary holiday sites/meets/rallies during the holidays that might work for you and your family ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lisassister

Free Member
Jan 6, 2017
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
I'm a newbie
Am looking at those as well, just new to all this and trying to work out which, if any, would be best for us. I think we'll mainly use aires in Europe to be honest, so probably not worth it for that. Want to use Britstops and pub stopovers in UK as much as poss but sometimes it would be nice to have a day or so on a site for the kids mainly. And to use the EHU! Thanks for the taking the time to reply - we've only had our MH a few weeks and have done a 2 nighter over half term as a test run. We loved it!

Upvote 0

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Am looking at those as well, just new to all this and trying to work out which, if any, would be best for us.

It is a bit trial and error to be honest to find what works best for you as a family. We joined lots of things in our first few years.

Using the search function on here and reading posts on others experience is useful as a starting point. Exciting times ahead for your family.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have 2 children so I've always assumed it is not worth us getting an ACSI card as we have to stick to school holidays. But on the ACSI website, it seems to imply that the only time you can't use it is during the big summer holiday. Can you use the card (in UK & Europe) during the rest of the year, i.e. half terms, Easter/Xmas holidays etc.? Thanks in advance!
It is up to the sites normally to specify when their low season is so that you can use the card. The ACSI book that comes with the card tells you the relevant dates for each site.

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
In the book(s) each individual campsite cites their dates for the acceptance of the ACSI Card. It's not a 'One Size fits All'.
If one site has an exclusion for say Easter, another may accept the card at that time. You have to do your research of where you intend to visit.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
some of the big sites in britian do relatively cheap stays for motorhomes, haven and park homes worth a look and i did say relatively so compared to hiring a chalet or static but you still get the facilities for kids

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
We should have bought it for our trip to Spain. Stayed on a site by the beach on Friday night and it cost us €40! not a chap site. With the card it would have been €23 so it would have paid for itself in 1 night.

Needless to say ill be ordering it before our return trip back to the UK next week for booking onto sites.

Upvote 0

RobnRay

Free Member
Mar 19, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Don't own one now
Exp
Since 2001
Just wondering if you can get the ACSI card from anywhere apart from ordering online. We are an Aussie couple
coming to Europe in a few weeks & can't want rely on it getting here before we leave.

We weren't clued up enough to order it earlier, plus postage to Australia adds a bit to the price.

Upvote 0

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
most camping shops sell,acsi,and some of the sites

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Someone on here had a spare one for free yesterday(y)
Edit , just looked back and it's gone:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobnRay

Free Member
Mar 19, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Don't own one now
Exp
Since 2001
Sorry everyone, should have explained we are not going to the UK but thanks for your replies

Upvote 0

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Vicarious delivered mine to the site we are staying on in Sicily, ( took about 5 days ).
If there is somewhere you will definitely be have it delivered there.

PS Do not use ACSI themselves......you have been warned!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back