Acsi card

Discussion in 'France' started by Antony bleasdale, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale Funster

we are going to France for the 1st time this year for 3 weeks. Is it wise to purchase the discount card if we have just the one trip. We will be using aires as well as sites but not booking anywhere
    Very much looking foreword to just winging it and not live to a timetable

2. f6c

f6c Funster

Enjoy(y)

3. lunarman

lunarman Funster

You do not say when you are going. If it is July or August then the ACSI card is not usable as it is a low season card.
    A typical saving in the low season would be 2 - 3 euro a night for a pitch with elec for 2 adults.

4. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

May be better to download campercontact app from playstore plenty of free or cheap stop overs .found some great places last year France and Spain .
    Found them much cheaper than ACSI .

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Fat Rat

Fat Rat Read Only Funster

We travelled from St Malo to St Jean de Luz (Spanish Border) during October so were restricted to where we could stop over as most campsites were closed so an ACSI card didn't help. The bigger sites that were open were great especially Nantes Center. We have the Aires books which are very helpful (although motorways are well signposted) which you can get to cover North and South of France. Make sure you get your CCI card so that you do not have to hand over your Passport anywhere and we used the motorway quite a bit as it was quieter but it comes at a cost (about 130 euros return). We are going back in June and then Spain in September. Have fun :)

6. denisejoe

denisejoe Funster Life Member

We bought an ACSI book in 2015 and although we went to France 3 times off season we didn't use it once so a waste of money (for us). We tend to use aires more often than not so wouldn't buy again. Most sites are closed from September to Easter anyway.

Denise

• Like Like x 1
  7. Polar bear

Polar bear Funster

We use Aires and campsites all over Europe and we always get back double the cost of the acsi wouldn't travel without it, many sites open all year. We never travel in peak season as too crowded.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

We have toured France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands and a bit of Germany over the past 9 years and never found the need for an Acsi card. Our normal trip duration is 4-6 weeks; if we were closer to full-timing, I could see the benefit of the card so one can stop at sites for major service needs such as laundry etc. If using aires (camper-stops) to any significant degree (as we do) then I would say don't bother with Acsi. As mentioned above, timing is critical: the Acsi discount is most useful in Spring and Autumn as it does not apply in high season and most camp sites are closed in Winter. In France, if you are travelling in summer, I would use municipal sites if a full camp site is required.
    As well as the excellent Camper Contact website and App (which is a Dutch organisation) I would recommend the French Camping Car Infos. Both sites contain extensive camper-stop and camp site information for Europe. We have relied on CC-Infos for all of our trips although I have now downloaded the CamperContact App as well, since we were given an iPad for Christmas.
    CAMPINGCAR-INFOS

• Like Like x 3
  9. Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale Funster

I have caper contact on iPad and didn't realise that the card wasn't valid for July so I shall giv it a miss. Thanks for the info. We don't however have a cci card?? Will look into that
    Cheers

10. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Camping car-Infos (cci) is not a card, it's a website detailing motohome stops and services, rather like Camper Contact. It is run by a Frenchman called Bruno.

11. Fat Rat

Fat Rat Read Only Funster

CCI Card is the Camping Card International which has the details of one Passport. http://www.campingcardinternational.com/about-cci/camping-card-international-cci/

You can get some discounts but you will be asked in Europe for a passport or CCI card as ID/deposit. We got ours through the Camping and Caravanning Club and it was Free with the travel insurance we took out. Otherwise it costs £5 from them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. snowdrops

snowdrops Funster Life Member

We get one every year as tend to travel out of school hols. As an example, we stayed at a sea-front site, in the trees at the edge of the beach and paid 15 euros, our british neighbours, with no acsi card paid 30 euros. Over 3 nights the card had paid for itself. It works really well for us and saves a fortune, however, works at its best with the app for your phone as much easier to plan and find a site when you're tired and depending upon what you want. We do a combi subscription so get the cards and the app every year. Wldn't go to France without it and intend to use in Spain, Portugal and Italy at some point.

13. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Antony, It all depends on how long you are going for, we go over for 3 weeks at a time and only use a max of 4/5 nights in sites so we don't bother with ACSI or french passion as all of the rest of the time we use aires, as we usually travel late may or june & sept.

14. snowdrops

snowdrops Funster Life Member

Aires can be ok. However, it depends what kind of holiday you're going for. We tend to want to sit outside, have a few glasses of wine, use a pool in the day, for that, the card is really really good. We stayed at a few municipal sites and one cost us 33 euros, was a bit of a shock after paying between 12 and 18 for a night :eek:

15. Camping Parc Verger

Camping Parc Verger Funster

New Owners Of Parc Verger From 1st July 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale Funster

If we come that far I defo will, you realy are living the dream. Have pondered about doing it myself. Where about in Bls where you. I was on hawthorn but just moved to bare to get rid of mortgage and buy my camper.

17. Camping Parc Verger

Hi Antony we were at the Carnforth End not far from Crag Bank

18. Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale Funster

If you lived on the a6 and had a TV on your parking area I know where you where. Hope it works out for you over there

19. Camping Parc Verger

Hi yes that us

20. Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale Funster

cu in July hopefully, your old parking area has been dug out now