ACSI Card, do I need one?

Discussion in 'France' started by Badknee, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Badknee

Badknee Funster

We're going to tour France in the last week in June/ first week in July and again to include a family visit to Spain for three weeks in September. Do I need to but a card or are they just for low season? I realise there is a site book included but we have quite a bit of site info. (n)

2. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

The acsi card covers June and early July and also September so if you are using sites then it will be worth it. You will pay extra for additional family members though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Low season varies from one site to another. To be sure you can check on the Csmpicard website before ordering

Generally June and Sept are low season

Enjoy your trip

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

>> ACSI Card, do I need one?

I've long held the view that you need all the help you can get.

5. pandj

pandj Funster Life Member

The main thing to check in September is when the sites close, once August is done they start to shut up pretty sharpish but you'll find one somewhere close to where you want. Well worth the money as you only need a few nights to recoup your outlay. (y)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Yes only need 2 or 3 nights and its paid for.
    We travel every September and use it a lot.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

June is low season practically everywhere and the first half of July is OK in a lot of sites. September will be fine but a lot of sites close towards the end of the month. I don't know why as down south the weather is usually excellent in October.

8. sedge

sedge Funster

Cos the site owners want a holiday too and they don't want to have to pay their seasonal staff any more than they have to, is why!

9. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Thanks for the replies. :)

10. Jo662

Jo662 Funster

We have had the ACSI book for the last 4 years and its well worth it.Like others have said it will
    pay for itself,and its a good resource to find campsites even if out of low season!:)

11. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

There is a decent selection of naturist sites available in the ACSI discount scheme.

12. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Really depends where you are staying, this year is the first time I have managed to get a worthwhile discount. First time I bought one a few years ago, on a German site I saved €1 & they still wanted you to pay for showers which are supposed to be included in the deal. Last year I tried it again, site in Greece were the same price with or without the card. I tried again this year and a site in Granada was €7 cheaper(only worth €3.5 to me as I don't need mains). Then again I rarely use sites.
    If you are going to use sites it's probably worth risking a tenner.

13. carolyn

carolyn Funster

We more than covered our costs using it on UK campsites before we even left the country last year.

14. snowdrops

snowdrops Funster Life Member

We have one every year and usually go for most of june and 2 weeks in Sept. We usually return roughly 3rd July as the french hols start then so gets very busy. ACSI sites are really great and the card has saved us a fortune every year. This year lots of sites end ACSI rates around 2nd July but some go on to 10th. Sept usually re-accepted. Can't go wrong. If you buy via subscription get a little discount, from vicarious books. Also, get the best from the card by using the app, it works offline too. We have noticed a few are not on the list this year, including Aubagne, think that may be cos of the european football stuff which begins 10th June and goes on for 3 weeks I think ?

15. bigtwin

bigtwin Funster

You need to be aware that that there are two types of ACSI cards.

The first is a ACSI Club Id Card and the second is the ACSI Camping Card.

The former is only an ID card and will be accepted by campsites in lieu of surrendering your passport.

The latter is a 'discount' card that is provided as part of the purchasing of the ACSI CC Sites book.

You should also be aware that there are two ACSI campsite books.

The first contains sites that participate in the 'discount' scheme (applicable in low season) and will contain your discount card. (There is also an App version of this).

The second contains all the campsites in the discount scheme PLUS all ACSI accredited/certified/inspected sites.

Thus there are two opportunities for confusion:
    1 - That the Club ID card won't get you a discount.
    2 - That you won't get a discount from a site that is accredited / certified / inspected and not part of the discount scheme.

Ian

16. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Thanks for that. (y)

17. Eeyore

Eeyore Read Only Funster

Yes, an ACSI card can bring you substantial savings but don't always assume it's the only way to get them. Ask for their best rate. If the weather is not brilliant or the site not full then you can often negotiate down with no effort at all.

The CCI card that you get for insurance purposes brings discounts on campsites too and sometimes bigger ones than ACSI. Flash that as well as your ACSI and ask for their best rate.

NB also that French sites often have a considerably reduced rate for MHs who don't want full services.