ACSI card arrived today - spoilt for choice now (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Well my ACSI card arrived today and i have already bought the all the Aires France and Spain & Portugal. I have started a little note book listing all spots, campsites, aires, places to see etc that have been mentioned by Funsters on the forums. I am now totally spoilt for choice for our first trip to Europe in 8 weeks time (i am counting down by the hour never mind the days!!)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
So far I have been to 2 sites who claimed on their websites they accepted ACSI but did not at reception. Its been a waste of money at present, hopefully things will improve!!!

Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Never had a problem with ACSI get your book out and confirm the rate to them. saved a fortune here in France, currently at Le Florida, St Cyprian ( First class site with 10 amps for 17 euros plus 7 nights for six) and Spain in previous years. Stick with it it aint so popular for nothing.

Deleted User
So far I have been to 2 sites who claimed on their websites they accepted ACSI but did not at reception. Its been a waste of money at present, hopefully things will improve!!!

Are you sure that these sites were listed in the ACSI discount scheme book and not simply ACSI inspected.

There are far more sites ACSI inspected than in the discount scheme.

We have never had a problem with the discount scheme and it has saved us a lot of money over the years.

In France particularly it is often possible to find Municipal sites at a similar price, or even less, than the ACSI rate and note that many sites in France add a small local 'Taxe de Sejour' to the rate and this is allowed under the ACSI rules.

In Spain savings for one or two night stops can be considerable.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Seen ACSI on here for a year or two but as we don't do sites if we can help it we didn't get it, but last year thought for just over a tenner we'd give it a go , well must say if you havnt got a campsite book, it's worth it just for that, but I'm afraid we were disappointed to find , we only used it on four sites, one wouldn't give the discount, and the other three I could get the same price or better without the book, so won't be bothering this time but as I say for a once off, the book itself is worth the money(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back