ACSI card arrived today - spoilt for choice now

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hel999, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Hel999

Hel999 Funster

Well my ACSI card arrived today and i have already bought the all the Aires France and Spain & Portugal. I have started a little note book listing all spots, campsites, aires, places to see etc that have been mentioned by Funsters on the forums. I am now totally spoilt for choice for our first trip to Europe in 8 weeks time (i am counting down by the hour never mind the days!!)

• Like Like x 5
  2. campa cola

campa cola Funster

So far I have been to 2 sites who claimed on their websites they accepted ACSI but did not at reception. Its been a waste of money at present, hopefully things will improve!!!

3. f6c

f6c Funster

Don't worry you will find them.;)

4. Humsafer

Humsafer Funster

Never had a problem with ACSI get your book out and confirm the rate to them. saved a fortune here in France, currently at Le Florida, St Cyprian ( First class site with 10 amps for 17 euros plus 7 nights for six) and Spain in previous years. Stick with it it aint so popular for nothing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    Are you sure that these sites were listed in the ACSI discount scheme book and not simply ACSI inspected.

There are far more sites ACSI inspected than in the discount scheme.

We have never had a problem with the discount scheme and it has saved us a lot of money over the years.

In France particularly it is often possible to find Municipal sites at a similar price, or even less, than the ACSI rate and note that many sites in France add a small local 'Taxe de Sejour' to the rate and this is allowed under the ACSI rules.

In Spain savings for one or two night stops can be considerable.

6. chaser

chaser Funster

Seen ACSI on here for a year or two but as we don't do sites if we can help it we didn't get it, but last year thought for just over a tenner we'd give it a go , well must say if you havnt got a campsite book, it's worth it just for that, but I'm afraid we were disappointed to find , we only used it on four sites, one wouldn't give the discount, and the other three I could get the same price or better without the book, so won't be bothering this time but as I say for a once off, the book itself is worth the money(y)