ACSI card and DVD or similar? (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi
Saw mentioned in another thread about ACSI card and DVD discounts, we plan to travel to france in july then again next january skiing 2010, but saw they dont give discounts during July or august so of no use to us this year anyway but are there any other discount companys that do similar asuming that the above is an annual renewal (which sounds a great idea)

thanx champers

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
ACSI card comes with the book - NOT the DVD
The DVD is just very useful software, map, and database of 8600+ sites - not all ACSI.
Camping cheque are similar - but also off peak only.
Currently in Rome and getting 50%+ off list price due to camping cheques (more like 70% as I bought teh cheques 2nd hand cheaper than face value!)
Worth having both if you travel a lot - but - they are both OFF PEAK discount only. ("peak" times vary per campsite)
I have not heard of any "real" peak discoun scheme - I mean - why would they?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thanks Link Removed for info

Would have been very useful in July :thumb:

champers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

caz144

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
grantham
Funster No
MH
C Class, LP
Exp
CCI card

If you get the CCI card, it's available from the big clubs as long as you are a member of the same.
Cost is minimal, got ours last week from the c&cc for 4.95. Didn't receive a site book with it! but still got one from last year, you can get discounts all year from some sites, it doesn't usually amount to much 7 nights for 6, or 5% off. But it all comes in handy!
It also can but used as a sort of identity card, you can leave it in reception instead of your passport which is good.
Do a search on this site or on the web for CCI card for more information.

Upvote 0

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
It's logical that campsites only offer discounts when the site is not full so why should most campsites offer discounts during July and August when they are full or nearly full?

Low season discounts are not given to annoy parents with children who must take holidays in the high season. The campsites are there to make money and low season discounts help them do this. It's called supply and demand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We are not looking for something for nothing just enquiring what discounts / clubs there are available as never having stayed at any campsite before, we choose to go in July simply to celebrate Bastille Day which we have for the last few years (hotels) only deciding to become motorhome campers now to do so for the freedom, not because we have children on holiday.

imho it is always better to shop around for the best price:thumb:
champers

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back