ACSI Camping site DVD...any good? (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Anyone on the board ever bought one of these campsite dvd's?
Link Removed

Wondered if they are any good, worth the money, and if more sites are listed on the dvd than the website?

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
No card

Hi there,
have used the book along with the website. I understand that the DVD is useful, but does not come with the CARD - you will need that to avail of any discounts.
Regards, Wee John::bigsmile:

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi there,
have used the book along with the website. I understand that the DVD is useful, but does not come with the CARD - you will need that to avail of any discounts.
Regards, Wee John::bigsmile:
Hmmmm.......thats interesting then.
I've looked at the ACSI website and located a few sites in Germany and Poland i stayed on only last year and the prices indicated are as much as 8-10 euro per night higher than what i was paying.

Seems this 'discount card' offered is just discounting down to the actual cost. In other words......a rip off!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I bought the DVD for £11.50 no card, yet the book which you would have thought cost more to produce costs only £10.50 complete with card.:Eeek:
Well many (if not all) of the sites which seem to be on this DVD are accessible direct from their website.......foc!!

But as mentioned before i find their site pricing doesn't appear right and i get the feeling it's a bit of a rip off job. Just thought i'd ask on the board first before drawing my own assumptions.....i'd like to think i'm wrong but so far haven't yet seen anything to convince me otherwise!

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Dvd

We bought the DVD a while ago and always carry it with us as a reference. We've stayed at sites mentioned there on several occasions, but haven't taken much notice of the prices quoted v paid.
It's just a very useful tool for finding somewhere to stay in Europe (and Scandinavia too).

John

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
acsi

hi
i have used the acsi card two years running and found it great value.
was on a site near heidelberg (neckergamund) paid 14 euro a night for 5 nights.
talking to a guy with an autotrail who paid 73 euro for three nights.
so that paid for the book and card.
some of the sites around the black forest area charge a surcharge of up to 2 euros a night. but you do get free transport on all public transport in the area. you have to ask for the transportation pass.
was on a site in titisee in the black forest and they knocked 2 euros a night off the price , because with acsi it includes showers as well,and the showes had pay slots.
bought a book and card for this year and can't wait to use it,altough the prices have generally gone up by 1 euro.

live long and prosper:RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We've used the card and found it well worthwhile. If you stay a week at a site that accepts it you can easily save more than the book+card costs. The DVD probably doesn't need renewing every year as most of the sites won't have changed.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
we have the DVD and find it invaluble. We have the book with card which is usefull but being stuck with the school holiday dates, often the card is no good.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just bought my second dvd and another card
Will only get the DVD every 3 or 4 years but of course the card needs replacing every year ..

We only get a chance to travel outside the UK a few weeks a year but reckon this year we will save a considerable sum thanks to the daft Euro value !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back