ACSI - Camping Keys or is there another one. (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
While checking into Villasol last year they gave us discount for having an ACSI card but said that there was a better discount with I think he said Camping Keys which I hadn't heard of but looking it up I cant find typical charges. Has anybody had experience of both and is his suggestion common with other sites.
We have found ACSI less and less useful in the bigger sites who give the headline rate then shove on a booking fee, tourist charge and whatever other surcharges they can think of.
Also ACSI charge very high postage to us in France and have never managed to send English versions out yet. We have had French, Spanish & German so far. And they also send them out too late for when we usually travel.
Thanks for your input.
Steve

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Camping Keys is used in Scandinavia, nearly every site wanted it. It can apparently also be used elsewhere in Europe and is almost exactly the same as ACSI. In Scandi it also gets quite a few discounts in various places, including bridge tolls and ferries.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
While checking into Villasol last year they gave us discount for having an ACSI card but said that there was a better discount with I think he said Camping Keys which I hadn't heard of but looking it up I cant find typical charges. Has anybody had experience of both and is his suggestion common with other sites.
We have found ACSI less and less useful in the bigger sites who give the headline rate then shove on a booking fee, tourist charge and whatever other surcharges they can think of.
Also ACSI charge very high postage to us in France and have never managed to send English versions out yet. We have had French, Spanish & German so far. And they also send them out too late for when we usually travel.
Thanks for your input.
Steve

Well I reckon you are lucky Steve,we had our sent to Turiscampo in Portugal.
They sent a Dutch set,took ages, phoned and complained then when they did arrive they sent three more Dutch sets!!WTF.
At least you got a bit of variety :mad:
Seriously we have gone back to Vicarious Books at least they arrive promptly and in the right language.
Several times now when arriving on a site and producing the ACSI card have been told "Don't worry about that,our price is cheaper"
Confused.com.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We get ours direct from ACSI, usually at the same time Vicarious get theirs, early December (it's bit cheaper too, though priced in Euros may not be so much cheaper this year). Suits us as we don't leave until New Year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back