LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Have been using ACSI card since we started out ( lord only knows how much we have saved over the years ! ) but this year .. two bonus's ::bigsmile:

There are now so many camp sites listed it comes in two books rather than one, and...

inside book one ( along with your ACSI card ) is a little flier with a code number on it.

Use that on the ACSI web site and get a free carnet ID card.

Just sorted mine out.. That will save having to leave the darned passport in reception ( which I always tend to worry about )

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Have been using ACSI card since we started out ( lord only knows how much we have saved over the years ! ) but this year .. two bonus's ::bigsmile:

There are now so many camp sites listed it comes in two books rather than one, and...

inside book one ( along with your ACSI card ) is a little flier with a code number on it.

Use that on the ACSI web site and get a free carnet ID card.

Just sorted mine out.. That will save having to leave the darned passport in reception ( which I always tend to worry about )

Apart from the passport advantage there are others, but don't know how advantageous they really are regarding Liability insurance, but it is free saving £4.95, so why not have it ! The following from web site.....

Please note! If you have a discount code which entitles you to a free card, complete your order and go to ‘My shopping basket’. You can then fill in your code and you will receive a € 4.95 discount.

ACSI Club ID has been especially developed for European Camping enthusiasts. It’s a Camping Carnet (a card the size of a credit card) and offers many benefits for the user.

When you show your ACSI Club ID you no longer have to hand in your passport when checking in*. To add to this, you and your fellow travellers (up to 11 people) are automatically insured for liability during your stay at a ACSI camp site!

At the moment campers from the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Denmark can order the card.

Link Removed

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Yes I have applied for my card too , should be handy :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
sorry if I,m being thick but whats it for? The discount card is all you need .....have not applied for the other card yet.....is it just another ruse by company's to get our contact details(sorry cynical )
never been asked to give up our passports some sites do hang onto acsi card till you leave though.

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
We've got the new book but haven't apply for our card yet but will be doing soon:Smile: don't turn your nose up at a 'freebie' :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well how do they get your camping card to you if they have not got your details ?
Do you collect your ACSI card from somewhere ?

If you travel in some of the places we have ( Hungary, Slovinia etc etc ) you tend to worry about the security of your passport..
With the carnet you do not need to leave your passport at the site office..
Presenting the card at certain retail outlets will also elicit a discount ( details as yet unknown but given how extremely happy everyone is with ACSI I doubt they will screw it all up by not coming good )

Mick, get on there and get registered mate :thumb: Sign up for the news letter too.. last year that alone saved us aboout £100 with up to date info on some German sites that actually got the ACSI label whilst we were away :Smile:

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
It would seem they post the card out to you. Ordered mine last night

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Am I the only one to buy a carnet?

Am I the only member that pays the C&CC each year for a camping Carnet? the idea is you do not have to hand over a passport as the carnet is your I.D. also it is your insurance cover for public liability while you are on a site in europe.

The European ACIS books come with a new card that is a Carnet same as those issue by the C&CC and other organisations. It now comes free from ACIS.. butfor some reason not with the ACIS books you get in the UK?

I have used the code and applied for my carnet card ...already have the discount card with the two books.

If ACIS is goingt o issue the carnet earch year then that makes the book a real cheap buy. I have already booked a site we use for 20 nights in June at €12 (gone up by €1 this year).. but that is a big saving over what we would have to pay on the site if we did not have the ACIS card.. plus I save the C&CC £5.50 they charge for the carnet.

It was a bit of messing about to get the free carnet, and I had already registered on there site long ago. But I think next year I will buy direct from them as they then include it in the pack.

Worth having the ACIS ...

Bob:Eeek:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
By the looks of it Bob, yes mate, you are the only one paying C & CC for the card ! ::bigsmile:

As I said, been using ACSI since we got the first motorhome and by the cringe has it saved us some lolly over the years !!

Deleted User
Am I the only member that pays the C&CC each year for a camping Carnet? the idea is you do not have to hand over a passport as the carnet is your I.D. also it is your insurance cover for public liability while you are on a site in europe.

The European ACIS books come with a new card that is a Carnet same as those issue by the C&CC and other organisations. It now comes free from ACIS.. butfor some reason not with the ACIS books you get in the UK?

I have used the code and applied for my carnet card ...already have the discount card with the two books.

If ACIS is goingt o issue the carnet earch year then that makes the book a real cheap buy. I have already booked a site we use for 20 nights in June at €12 (gone up by €1 this year).. but that is a big saving over what we would have to pay on the site if we did not have the ACIS card.. plus I save the C&CC £5.50 they charge for the carnet.

It was a bit of messing about to get the free carnet, and I had already registered on there site long ago. But I think next year I will buy direct from them as they then include it in the pack.

Worth having the ACIS ...

Bob:Eeek:

Not the only one, I have always considered a CCI a necessity when camping in Europe. I have also had the ACSI discount card for a few years and found it very cost effective, if I can now get the CCI for free even more so.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
In Spain there is no law requiring the "surrender" of your passport for the duration of your stay, but I believe the law in France does require it to be held.... will this change with the new ACSI Camping Carnet?

Regards, Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back