ACSI - Best To Buy Direct With Free App?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Wombles, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Thinking of buying ACSI book & card for the first time & looking on website http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/campingcard-acsi2016.html it is good to see that their app is included free for 2016 when subscribing but know a lot of Funsters buy ACSI from Vicarious books instead so wondered what are the pros & cons of buying each way?

2. Speve

Speve Funster

Never had a problem with Vicarious books in fact usually get ours before direct ACSI customers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Flamenca

Flamenca Funster Life Member

@Wombles I bought mine for the first time in December. I purchased it direct from ACSI and saved a few pounds plus received the app for free :xThumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. webby1

webby1 Funster

Depends when you are thinking of travelling....................books from ACSI usually come out before Christmas but it can be a pain if you go away at that time and are waiting for the discount card. Vicarious not only seem to get the books earlier but are more precise about delivery times.

.If you are away at the end of the year it is much more difficult to get the books.I believe there are some European outlets and they will post them to campsites but I encourage people to write requesting an online membership scheme. ACSI do seem to have the most bizarre business processes

• Like Like x 1
  5. BGB

BGB Funster

JUST BOUGHT DIRECT FROM ACSI AT THE CARAVAN AND MOTORHOME SHOW AT BRUM FEB 23RD FOR £9 INCLUDING BOOKS AND APP

• Like Like x 4
  6. Greenway

Greenway Funster

Just purchased 2016 books at Camping Riaza on way back to Bilbo. Stayed one night there and four nights in Zarautz and have saved 20 Euro including cost of books.(y) Unfortunately they are in Spanish but I still have 2014 books. Spanish version still perfectly useable though.

7. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

The app is free for anyone to download. :)

8. Tweedie

Tweedie Funster

Not sure if the app is free for anyone to download, think you need the combi subscription or if you have the book you buy the app for 3.59, when you go to buy it online from ACSI you have to enter the unique CC app purchase code from your ACSI camping card I think in order to be able to get access to the app.