ACSI Anyone being asked to pay again? (1 Viewer)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
At the Nec in February we bought a subscription for 2 years. Card arrived and was used ok this year. I've now received an e mail asking to pay again for next year.
2calls to the Netherlands and numerous e mail they maintain you can't pay for 2 years. The customer service centre promised return calls or email that don't happen. Any body else having this issue?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I get asked every year. Thry have always been good at answering emails and confirm that I've paid the subscription.

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
E mailed phoned they say despite saying it's a 2 year on the recipe that's not the case

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I wonder if you signed up for a subscription that lasts for a minimum of 2 years, paying for the initial year upfront, rather than paying on the spot for a two-year deal? That is the way mine worked, though I did it online rather than at a show.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Our experience is that the ACSI card is better purchased from Vicarious Books as the small cover charge is well worth their service level which we have found to be very poor at ACSI Europe,

The Tincas

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I wonder if you signed up for a subscription that lasts for a minimum of 2 years, paying for the initial year upfront, rather than paying on the spot for a two-year deal? That is the way mine worked, though I did it online rather than at a show.
The way it was sold was 2 years subscription and that's what we paid. Really feel cheated by them. And feel like it's mis sold. I know it's not a great amount but that's not the point

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Our experience is that the ACSI card is better purchased from Vicarious Books as the small cover charge is well worth their service level which we have found to be very poor at ACSI Europe,

The Tincas
Just the worst customer service ever. I'll be discussing it with the man at the February show believe me:mad:

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
The way it was sold was 2 years subscription and that's what we paid. Really feel cheated by them. And feel like it's mis sold. I know it's not a great amount but that's not the point

How much did you pay? Was it approximately double a one-year deal? Maybe you paid with a credit card and can take it up with them?

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
How much did you pay? Was it approximately double a one-year deal? Maybe you paid with a credit card and can take it up with them?
we think it was just over £20 it was a show offer apparently. paid cash. won't be doing that again I'll stick to vicarious books in future

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
The show is the only time you can get an answer from them. Although if it's like the contact centre I might be there every day :)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My 2017 card is being sent out to me on or just after the 12th Dec ...

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
A card and book delivered to our house in December would be a total waste of time.

I'm hoping for a little bit of common sense and understanding on the part of camp sites
I might use between then and February 2017 when I next see my UK mail.

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
At the Nec in February we bought a subscription for 2 years. Card arrived and was used ok this year. I've now received an e mail asking to pay again for next year.

We too bought a two year ASCI access at the NEC in cash, I have emailed them to which they initially replied that it's an annual fee.

I replied again insisting that was not we were told in February, go another reply which was at best vague. I asked for more clarification on what they were actually saying in this regard and added that un English law verbal contracts are just as enforceable as written contracts (difficult to prove though, did'nt tell them that).

Now awaiting their reply and see what they say but will inform them if it's not in my favour that others in the UK have been told the same as I in February.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I also thought I was paying for 2 years st the nec.
No emails have been answered, and I did put a question on fun a while ago asking if anyone has a email address for them.

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
Email address shop@acsi.eu.
give them an email and update them to the non singular occurance of this problem.
Are there any others with this problem in mh fun ?

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
We too bought a two year ASCI access at the NEC in cash, I have emailed them to which they initially replied that it's an annual fee.

I replied again insisting that was not we were told in February, go another reply which was at best vague. I asked for more clarification on what they were actually saying in this regard and added that un English law verbal contracts are just as enforceable as written contracts (difficult to prove though, did'nt tell them that).

Now awaiting their reply and see what they say but will inform them if it's not in my favour that others in the UK have been told the same as I in February.
This is exactly where we are. they did email a copy of my receipt that said it was a 2 year subscription. but then said it had to be paid yearly. I have asked them to read it again as it is obviously being lost in translation. my main problem is they say call them and I have twice then they don't get back to you thats why I turned to the forum and your far superior knowledge :D

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Thank you for your email.
Please find attached the receipt from your order. Please note the small print on the bottom of the receipt:
This subscription is continuous and has a duration of at least 2 years, including 2016. In the first year you will be paying 9,50
For the second year you will be paying 13,25 + shipping costs. Price changes and printing errors may occur.

We are sorry that you did not receive the correct information, but subscriptions are always paid for 1 year only.

This is the Email reply quoting the bottom of the form filled out at the show everybody would have filled this in

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So basically who ever was doing the NEC stand has simply ripped everyone off..
Time to contact NEC and get the name of the person who was issued the trade entry ticket so you can take it further

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And yet they take millions of €'s from us punters, and as much again from the sites who sign up to become ACSI registered..

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
So basically who ever was doing the NEC stand has simply ripped everyone off..
Time to contact NEC and get the name of the person who was issued the trade entry ticket so you can take it further

This is the reply this morning is it me or have they just admitted they miss sold at the Nec(n)
Many thanks for your email.

First of all we like to apologize for the inconvenience. When you subscribe for a CampingCard it is for a minimum of 2 years. But each year that you are subscribing to this card you have to pay for that year. That is why you recently have received a note to pay for the following year. We are aware that the information customers received at the NEC was not sufficient enough, but we will make sure that next time our information will be complete.

We hope we have informed you sufficiently.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Basically it sounds like 'we have your money, now sod off or pay us more' !!

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Basically it sounds like 'we have your money, now sod off or pay us more' !!
In the grand scheme it's not a large amount. But how many people at the Nec are being asked to pay again. Soon adds upto a large amount

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
In the grand scheme it's not a large amount. But how many people at the Nec are being asked to pay again. Soon adds upto a large amount

Yes agree, but it's the principle as well that rankers with me, I'm still awaiting a reply from my latest email about verbal contracts, we will see.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It stinks of someone running the stall trousering a LOT of wonga..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back