Acrylic window cracks

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by christophe65, Jan 7, 2012.

1. christophe65

christophe65 Read Only Funster

I have had a Chausson Allegro 96 from new (March 2010) and after 12 months it started to develop cracks around the Dometic (Seitz) window catches. The dealer has informed is that Chausson will not replace these under warranty because they are due to chemical cleaning. We have only ever used warm water and a chamois leather to clean as we are well aware of the crazing/misting problems with the use of inappropriate cleaning products. Has anyone else had a similar problem and was it rectified by the dealer..or am I being blagged??

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

And that is as far as it goes legally. You<-->Dealer. He is responsible for the contract. If you are sure it's not your fault go for him via trading standards and/or small claims court. You should win. First write a polite letter telling him you have no option if the problem is not fixed FOC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. C.L.S

C.L.S Trader - Service & Repairs

I have a customer with exactly the same problem , because it happened after 12 months the window supplier would not cover under warranty. After disscussions with the manufacturer, finally managed to get it replaced under goodwill.
    I would put pressure on your dealer and see if they would be willing to absorb the cost of replacement as a goodwill gesture.

Mark

4. Terry

Terry Funster

The onus is with the dealer who in turn should get onto Chausson who would then get onto Seitz If anyone can be bothered that is :Sad:put pressure on the dealer who then may put pressure on the others :Wink:
    terry