Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I take it you mean caravans and not the sea?

I take it you mean caravans and not the one relating to the sea?..............

The mission of ACOPS is to promote strategies for sustainable global development relating to coastal and marine environment through scientific, legal and policy research and advisory and public awareness activities.

Studying our seas and oceans both as indicators of pollution and as a threatened resource in their own right, ACOPS strives to identify cost-effective, long-term environmental solutions that can be effectively implemented across the world.

:winky::winky::winky::winky::winky:

Bob

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Approved Code Of Practice.

The individual should have a registration number (Gas, is it?) relating to his qualifying to meet the ACOPs requirements.
Check with the relevant professional body.
Quote the number and name, they will tell you if the individual is suitably qualified or not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
ACoPs is a gas safety training certification specifically for LPG fitters

I believe that to be on the register as qualified the fitter would be registered with Gas safe

for more info look here
Link Removed

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
There are ACOPs for just about everything and every function, Dave.
The one we most commonly hear about relates, as stated, to gas installations and servicing.
Which one are you asking about?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ill get Pammy on for you she's the Acop [STRIKE]tyrants[/STRIKE] governing folk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi

I run the ACOPS Gas Safety courses at our College.

The ACOP stands for Approved Code of Practise. It covers:
Combustion, Flues, Ventilation, Pressure, Flow, Domestic pipework installation, Electricity, Control systems, Domestic central heating systems, Domestic cookers, Domestic hot water heaters, Service, Maintenance, Liquefied petroleum gas, LPG, Industrial installations, Commercial installations.

Normally, anyone taking this qualification are for the likes of the mobile mechanic who goes around doing gas safety checks on motorhomes, caravans etc. We also run the ACOP courses for the dealers who do NOT hire out motorhomes or caravans. Any motorhome dealer who hires out must be ACS certificated AND Gas Safe registered.

If a mobile mechanic goes to a dealer and works on Hired out vehicles then he too must be ACS certificated AND Gas Safe registered.

Any one who requires work on their motorhomes or caravans should always ask for proof of achievement of the ACOPS or proof of certification of the ACS.

You will normally get a certificate of achievement from UK Certification body or from our Certification Body which is BPEC.

Anyone can undertake an ACOP course, no pre-requisite qualifications are required.

However not everyone can do the ACS and an ACOP does not give you entry to assessment for ACS. Operatives wanting to undertake ACS have to undertake an auditable and traceable On the Job Gas training with a Gas Safe registered company before they can enter assessment at an ACS approved centre.

But I digress here.

Feel free to ask to see a copy of his certification of achievement. If he can't then be suspicious If you are not sure when you see the certificate whether it is authentic or not please do not hesitate to contact me by pm and I will only be happy to call you on the phone. Believe you me, there are fraudulent copies about.

and for anyone that wants to undertake an ACOPS course, feel free to contact me if you want more information.

Remember, being safe is the most important thing in the world. Even though the caravans and motorhomes are not part of the regulations does not mean that if you cause a fatality you won't go to prison for it. YOU WILL.

Oh and one more thing the ACOPS is being reviewed in September by Summit Skills so it may come into the regulations sooner than you think anyway.

Hope this helps

Pammy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back