AClass screen cover from Italy-excellent (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
A few funsters have expressed problems obtaining a screen cover for AClass vans. I had the same problem in the UK and the only option was to travel 200 miles and have a fitted cover. This in total would cost well over £340. After researching a company in Italy who sold on EBay I contacted them for a cover for my Carthago AClass. After sending various photos and agreeing a delivered price the screen arrived and it is brilliant. The fitting is perfect and there customer response has been excellent to say the least.The total price delivered was £240. If you are intested they offer screens for nearly all A & C Class motorhomes. plus vans. Just type into EBay motorhome screen covers.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for that, I have sent an enquiry to Covertech but will not get a reply till the end of August due to annual holidays. Looking on their e bay shop there is a Laika cover that may be suitable, the search goes on(y)
I have to agree with your comments on the UK option, I have contacted them and been told that they will not supply a bespoke cover directly, I would have to order through a "distributor" yet their web site shows the product with a contact phone number and no reference to an agent. Price in excess of £400 if you want additional privacy screen. Rant over:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I cannot believe the specific UK manufacturer hasn't a template available. Nice little earner for them. Buying from the Italian supplier made a refreshing change to rip offer Britain.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Did you supply dimensions and how is it fixed to the van?
No dimensions were given as they are main suppliers and have Laika listed on the card that came with my cover. It fits on the sides with PROPER suckers and the top straps can tighten the fit snuggly. I wasn't sure if this would be enough but it does work fine and is a good fit.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
A few funsters have expressed problems obtaining a screen cover for AClass vans. I had the same problem in the UK and the only option was to travel 200 miles and have a fitted cover. This in total would cost well over £340. After researching a company in Italy who sold on EBay I contacted them for a cover for my Carthago AClass. After sending various photos and agreeing a delivered price the screen arrived and it is brilliant. The fitting is perfect and there customer response has been excellent to say the least.The total price delivered was £240. If you are intested they offer screens for nearly all A & C Class motorhomes. plus vans. Just type into EBay motorhome screen covers.
Hi, Can you put up a link to the correct page on ebay
Cheers

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We have Cover tech full length covers for our Transit cab.
They work well in the Alpine Winter.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
^^^^^ no my Rapido is named Rommel^^^^^^^ it is german, engineered by mercedes built on by the French....(y)

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Here's more information regarding the screen covers.
www..camper.bros@libero.it
My attachments shown available fittings.
20150729_101702.jpg
20150729_101655.jpg

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Update, had a reply from Italy and no luck. They make a screen for the Laika Kreos but not the Rexosline.
Also tried a Dutch distributor of Hinderman screens, no joy there either. :(

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hinderman were making the screens for Frankia but they were a poor fit,there was a bulge in the middle at the top of the screen.They offered me one cheap but i declined,what was the point in buying a screen that doesn't do the job properly.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I like the look of the suckers, I wonder if you could buy them.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I had no idea these covers were so expensive ! I was given free a set of them for our Peugeot Boxer based van brand new off a mate who sold his MH last year. Blimey I best go buy him a bottle of decent Malt !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back