acetylene (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Anyone know how/where I can get an acetylene cylinder filled without going to BOC.
Regards
C

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Google "rent free welding gases" you should find several suppliers of all welding gases that don't charge rent on the bottle. Be aware the initial cost is quite significant though as you are buying the bottle, I was quoted £175 for the bottle plus cost of the gas but the bottle is then yours and you just take it back for a refill when required and only pay for the gas.

D.

ironfighter

Free Member
Mar 13, 2014
Leicester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
10 years
Hi, you will be very lucky to get it from anywhere else without a contract because the gas was discontinued until mid last year because of supply boc closed their plant down and now tjey rely on buying it in from abroard i only know this because i had the problem first hand so now just use oxy propane for gas cutting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
I have a cylinder, just want it filled. The hobby gas is ok but very dear and only small bottles.
Thanks anyway, I will keep looking.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have a cylinder, just want it filled. The hobby gas is ok but very dear and only small bottles.
Thanks anyway, I will keep looking.

Make friends with a local scrap metal dealer :Smile: They use large quantities of it - or at least mine does. He charges me only for the gas but I give him a year's rental on top. My last bottle is around 1/3 full after 5 years use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back