Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
Does anyone know of this machine? It has a 3g connection, is this a good idea? what would the subscription cost be? Can that be used abroard? It is vodafone.
Would it be better to have the connection via an external system??
We have to get a complete new computer system for fulltiming.
Too many questions, but we know so little about these modern things.:ROFLMAO:
Thanks Nigel
Acer travelmate 4283wlmi 15.4 2d-t5500 1gb 120gb xppro 3g vodafone

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi
Does anyone know of this machine? It has a 3g connection, is this a good idea? what would the subscription cost be? Can that be used abroard? It is vodafone.
Would it be better to have the connection via an external system??
We have to get a complete new computer system for fulltiming.
Too many questions, but we know so little about these modern things.:ROFLMAO:
Thanks Nigel

Hi the 3g connection can either be pay as you go or on contract. Contract starts at £10 per month for 1gb followed by an add on (not dure of total cost) Or you can simply pay as you go for £10 per month and additional addons for extra downloads.
You can basicaly buy almost any computer and then purchase a 3g modem or usb stick that simply plugs in to the usb port. If you get a 3g modem from 3g they will set you back £99 for an initial layout if you choose pay as you go. However if you decide to go down the contract option they are free but the contract length is 24 months more information can be found here Broadband

As for coverage the map shows you coverage available. As far as I know it is available through lots of europe except France.

Hope this helps.
I was looking to buy one myself but thought the coverage was poor for most of the areas I visit. So for the time being I will be using Mcdonalds::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back