accepted an upgrade on galaxy note (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have a galaxy note. and I accepted a software upgrade last week but I don't like it and much prefer the previous software.Can I reverse An upgrade on a galaxy note and how to do it if I can please?

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
im guessing that that is the Jellybean update? (go into settings, select about phone and the android version will be 4.1.2 if your not sure)

Unfortunateley, reversing out of a upgrade isnt straight forward and youll need to follow this

i wouldnt reccomend doing it though - unless youre comfortable with the technical stuff and the possible 'bricking' of your phone

have to say, that when i put JB on my note first (using the abovemethod) I dint like it either, but i stuck with it and now really like it.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I must say that when I upgraded, whilst I am sure that there must have been changes 'under the bonnet' there wasn't really anything obvious that I could object to in terms of usage.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
My photo editor has gone, now I have to use an online one, costing me data,my email notifications are gone even though they are enabled, my data usage is greater even though I have restricted nearly all of them to wi fi, being in France.
looks like I will have to accept it and get used to it, my tech knowledge isn't good enough to do that.
It is the jelly bean upgrade.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
My photo editor has gone, now I have to use an online one, costing me data,my email notifications are gone even though they are enabled, my data usage is greater even though I have restricted nearly all of them to wi fi, being in France.
looks like I will have to accept it and get used to it, my tech knowledge isn't good enough to do that.

are you on vodafone?

I suspect you might need to do a factory reset though and clear data and caches to clear up problem overwrites....but before doing that try turning it off and taking the battery out, leave for at least 5 mins and then reboot, it just might sort some things out for you

if you can tell me the baseband version and build number from the settings> about device menu I might be able to find some fixes for you
baseband will be something like N7000OXXLS4
and build number will be like jzo54k.N7000XXLSZ

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
After not being in love with it when it arrived I am now very happy with Jelly Bean. Stick with it, takes a while to reset your options but worth it. :thumb:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Bungy.
Thanks for offering to help, the Base band is.
N7000xxLSO.
Build no is.
jz050k
N7000XXLSZ.
I have an ORANGE French SIM card
while I am in France, until we arrive back in UK 21 st June where I will go back to talk mobile which is Vodafone I believe.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
now thats odd...thats the german update from febuary!?!?!!

Did you try the battery out and reboot?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have a note. Since the update my email notifications don't work. I now use K9 mail app and its better than the Samsung one

Other than that I'm happier with it now than before the update.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I don't have polaris office anymore either, I have the polaris editor to edit all my excel and word docs that I created before the update but I cannot create a word document or excel book anymore.

Thatnks jezport for the suggestion for K9 I will try that.

I switched my phone off and had the battery out for 10 minutes but it has made no difference.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
unfortunatley Polaris office - the version in ICS wont work under Jelly Bean..there is an update though polaris4 is out its not on the platystore

a very good alternative is Kingsoft office

Doing a factory reset will probably sort your issues out - but not a good thing to do when out and about...just in case!!

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks I will cope with this till I get back to the UK then do a factory reset.
Plus I will try the kingsoft office, I will download these next time I get wi fi as these apps tend to be quite large and I only have 200mb to last me until the 21st May.
Thanks again for your help guys :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back