Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
What level of damp is considered to be acceptable?

Matt took the van to be serviced today at Discover and it was mostly 10-12% apart from one reading on a small section of floor by the door which was 18%. Discover have said 18% is nothing to worry about. Unfortunatley I have no faith in this wretched company whatsoever. Have we been twirled again or is it ok?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Claire, Got this of a website I used a while ago. sure nothinghas changed in 4 years

Readings between (0-15%) no cause for concern
Readings between (15-20°10) dealer to make a note of these readings and re-check at next service.
Readings between (20-24%) possible early signs of ingress, look for tangible evidence or ask for a re-check.
Readings between (25-30%) moisture evident, remedial work required; may not need stripdown unless surface damage (staining, pimpling, and softness) is apparent. (There is a risk of wallboard deterioration due to retained moisture in the structure if resealed only.)
Reading (31 % and above) structural damage is occurring, deterioration inevitable. a full stripdown of the affected area is required.

Hope this helps:thumb:

OP
OP
C

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp