Absolute beginner needs some help please (1 Viewer)

zx10rooster

Free Member
May 16, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift 630L
Exp
I`m a newbie!
Just joined the forum as i know it`ll be a great source of info. I`m and absolute newbie when it comes to the world of MH`s. I`m just about to take collection of my 2010, 10k miles Swift 630L. I`ve done lots of research and looked at several layouts and have now settled on the 6 birth, U shaped lounge with a dinette. I went against a fixed bed as this takes up space. The U shaped lounge gives me more chilling space and the additional bed space when needed. We are avid Labrador owners and now we have 2 (New puppy arrives in 6wks) we`ve resigned ourselves to the fact that the foreign holidays will now be less frequent. Hence the desire for a MH and some Euro trips as well as some wild camping as often as possible.

So.................... like an inquisitive child I have plenty of questions that Id really appreciate the expert advice of you guys. Some question will deffo be silly but bare with me, Im new to this

1. my 630L has a small exterior round fitting with 2 connections, these are rubberized. The connector is about the size fo a 10p. Its next to the water fill point. What is this???!! An air release? Some sort fo electrical connection?

2. on the control panel (same as this onehttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mDjLRvlqw...s1600/%5BFEA%5D-Control-Panel-%5BSWIFT%5D.jpg)

when you turn it on, all the LEDs illuminate. There is a mains green LED in the top left corner. I understand that this is for when yo are hooked up. When I have viewed the MH it is on hook up but the leisure battery is illuminated? Is this normal? I`m guessing that the plug sockets and electric hob shouldn't work if connected on the leisure battery? That fact that they d, does that tell me that it is working on the mains hook up? The dealer says it is working on mains and that the "charger" has been changed (there is now a silver box in the cupboard above the main RCD panel in the over head locker)

3. how do i know that my leisure battery is charging via the hook up? Do the plug sockets only work when on hook up?

4. How do I test the Trauma heater ( like this http://www.jacksons-camping.co.uk/campingimages/truma/trumaticS3002.jpg) I`d like to test it on gas and electric. Does it work on leisure battery alone? Should it produce pretty instant heat?

5. Blown air heater. How can I test this? Is it from the same heater as above?

6. Water heater. How can I test it? Test on gas and electric. Does it work on leisure batteries or just gas and hook up?

7. Gas cylinders. I have 2 x 7kg cylinders. is there a gauge i can get that shows me their levels?

8. does anyone have a checklist for what to do when you arrive, pack up, return from a trip?

I think that`ll keep you all busy for now!!!

Thanks in advance, happy motoring

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Ahhhhhhhhhh love it! Thanks

Now you can see how the forum works just goes to show the value the £15 annual subs gets you, know end of helpful information along with discounts from various suppliers , you are of course allowed 5 free posts and then become a read only Funster but the £15 will be the best money you will spend regarding motorhoming.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
just one extra word about the battery charger....
when charging from mains/ehu, the charger is 'smart' in that it can charge the vehicle and the leisure battery.
you will see the indicator light on the control pane against one of these lit up, but later, as the first battery reaches full, it will flip over and be indicating the other one...
as charge from the leisure battery is used, the charger will flip back again and add more, before flipping back again to the vehicle battery and so on....
however, if for some reason you wish to override this process, and force the charge to a particular battery (perhaps vehicle battery went flat on the drive....) then you can select it from the control panel....
i had this issue with our first Bolero....didnt realise the alarm would drag the vehicle battery down....so, to charge it, i lifted the cab mats, rubber floor, battery hatch etc and connected my car charger.....
my pal comes by, and shows me how easy it would have been using the onboard charger and control panel setting......doh...
we now have solar.....

Upvote 0

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I pay my subs and don't have a MoHo yet but the info i gained from here more than covered the 15 squid on our NZ trip.

Any way welcome ZX to the mad house and hope you don't take offence easily as there is a LOT of banter on here :D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back