Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just seen this called 'abroadband', surf abroad for €0.59 per MB.

Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just seen this called 'abroadband', surf abroad for €0.59 per MB.

The Frightening bit......

Most countries offer up to 7.2Mb/s. That's about 0.72MB/s and so you could be running up a bill of around €0.5 per second if anyone was daft enough to watch high quality video or download movies.

FUN users looking at snaps, 5 to 10 snaps could be 1MB, €0.59, unless some inconsiderate FUNster has uploaded full sized files in which case one snap could cost €3.6 EACH snap.

The idea of being able to actually log on in all countries is good.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks Keith ..

this would be fine for doing email and browsing a few web pages ... as a rough guide, 1mb per 25 pages .. but compared to UK tariffs it is still expensive, typically 1mb in the UK is 1p or less.

A useful guide to mobile broadband usage Link Removed

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
The Frightening bit......

Most countries offer up to 7.2Mb/s. That's about 0.72MB/s and so you could be running up a bill of around €0.5 per second if anyone was daft enough to watch high quality video or download movies.

FUN users looking at snaps, 5 to 10 snaps could be 1MB, €0.59, unless some inconsiderate FUNster has uploaded full sized files in which case one snap could cost €3.6 EACH snap.

The idea of being able to actually log on in all countries is good.

Thanks as I never understand all of this:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Thanks Keith ..

this would be fine for doing email and browsing a few web pages ... as a rough guide, 1mb per 25 pages .. but compared to UK tariffs it is still expensive, typically 1mb in the UK is 1p or less.

That's all I need if there's no WiFi available.
I just seemed to me a better bet than some others I've heard of.
I wouldn't use for long term use, & it may be the first step in the right direction.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I might have my sums wrong (sums not being my strongest point) but by my reckoning 200mb would cost €118 using this company.Roughly converted means it costs £100.40p.

So for me T-Mobile still works out cheapest on pay as you go with a euro booster of 200mb for £40

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-broadband/euro-broadband-booster/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
No matter which mobile device you use when in europe one thing to remember to do is to make sure that automatic update downloads are disabled from microsoft etc, as they really do eat into the data allowance, i use on average 11mb per day in my normal use abroad that includes checking forums out and emails and usually ending up in chat on here at some stage of the evening.One evening my usage was 63mb - it was microsoft sending updates - I had forgotten to turn off autoupdate soon remembered though seeing that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back