AA Breakdown - less than half price! (1 Viewer)

rogerrichards

Free Member
Sep 15, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
My AA renewal just came through the post at £230. Reading the ADAC breakdown thread I decided that I would save lots of money by leaving the AA and joining ADAC.

I phoned the AA (option 4 'are you thinking of leaving us') and told them I wanted to stop my Membership. I told them I was leaving because they were too expensive and they immediately offered the same cover for £140. I said this was still way more expensive than ADAC and they reduced the premium to £108!

Shows how ridiculously overpriced their premiums are if they can reduce a £230 charge to £108 for exactly the same cover and in the space of a a phonecall.

Worth a try for those who are still with the AA :thumb:

Roger

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
The best way to join the AA is to either talk to a a rep in the store or talk to one of the Chaps in the AA vans

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
My AA renewal just came through the post at £230. Reading the ADAC breakdown thread I decided that I would save lots of money by leaving the AA and joining ADAC.

I phoned the AA (option 4 'are you thinking of leaving us') and told them I wanted to stop my Membership. I told them I was leaving because they were too expensive and they immediately offered the same cover for £140. I said this was still way more expensive than ADAC and they reduced the premium to £108!

Shows how ridiculously overpriced their premiums are if they can reduce a £230 charge to £108 for exactly the same cover and in the space of a a phonecall.

Worth a try for those who are still with the AA :thumb:

Roger

I did the same thing last August and had the same response and got told to make sure I called them again this year when my renewal comes due .... guess they will try the inflated figure again!!!!
Had the same procedure with household emergency cover ... that now costs me less than a year ago!!!
Moral to this always worth a phone call....
would it work with CC or C&CC ???:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
My insurance wanted an extra £60 odd quid for breakdown insurance, got same policy from Tesco for £23 job done........Del

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back