AA Breakdown - less than half price!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by rogerrichards, Apr 22, 2011.

1. rogerrichards

rogerrichards Read Only Funster

My AA renewal just came through the post at £230. Reading the ADAC breakdown thread I decided that I would save lots of money by leaving the AA and joining ADAC.

I phoned the AA (option 4 'are you thinking of leaving us') and told them I wanted to stop my Membership. I told them I was leaving because they were too expensive and they immediately offered the same cover for £140. I said this was still way more expensive than ADAC and they reduced the premium to £108!

Shows how ridiculously overpriced their premiums are if they can reduce a £230 charge to £108 for exactly the same cover and in the space of a a phonecall.

Worth a try for those who are still with the AA :thumb:

Roger

• Like Like x 2
  2. artona

artona

The best way to join the AA is to either talk to a a rep in the store or talk to one of the Chaps in the AA vans

3. BionicPixie

BionicPixie Read Only Funster

I did the same thing last August and had the same response and got told to make sure I called them again this year when my renewal comes due .... guess they will try the inflated figure again!!!!
    Had the same procedure with household emergency cover ... that now costs me less than a year ago!!!
    Moral to this always worth a phone call....
    would it work with CC or C&CC ???:thumb:

4. novawight

novawight Read Only Funster

My insurance wanted an extra £60 odd quid for breakdown insurance, got same policy from Tesco for £23 job done........Del

5. Mandaxxx

Mandaxxx Read Only Funster

We changed from AA to ADAC as we wanted cover abroad, ADAC give us 12 months European cover for £79.50 uk inc.