Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
We have not been to the Algarve for 3 to 4years, and are asking advice as to paying to use the A22 from either end.
Thanks
Malc

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Not being the biggest fan of Toll roads, Or for that matter Motorways in general unless I am in a hurry, which isn`t often since I retired. What are the options for Avoiding the toll roads?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not being the biggest fan of Toll roads, Or for that matter Motorways in general unless I am in a hurry, which isn`t often since I retired. What are the options for Avoiding the toll roads?.
For avoiding the A22 just use the N125. It can be a bit busy with a bit of queuing but it is OK. The other autoroutes in Portugal can be avoided by using the national and local roads. They are no worse than our A and B roads and often much better.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Using the 125 from the border to Faro is a bit of a pain though it may be better now since the improvements. From Faro est most of the time it is not that bad an in reality we have only used it once since the tolls started when we lived out here.

Deleted User
Using the 125 from the border to Faro is a bit of a pain though it may be better now since the improvements. From Faro est most of the time it is not that bad an in reality we have only used it once since the tolls started when we lived out here.

Still the same.......only worse.........improvements put on hold yet again.........make sure your false teeth are well secured:D

OP
OP
malheg

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
That's my memory of the 125, that it did my suspension no good. That is why I asked about the A22, which I think will give a go
Malc

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Or just do as most Spanish and a lot of Portuguese do now and that is use the A22 whenever you want to but don't bother with the toll process any longer.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Just a tip, the locals refer to the N125 as the death road, it always had a ridiculously high mortality rate, but since the tolls, I believe the death rate has gone up by around 400%.
I personally prefer to stay off it if at all possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back