A21 near Robertsbridge (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
For anyone needing an overnight stop near JC, there is a layby towards the end of the A21 about 5 mins from JC. It is screened from the road by trees, and the burger van awaits you in the morning for a bacon roll.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Jesus Christ is on the A21 ? I didn't realise he'd returned, about time too. Tell him not to waste time on bacon butties, he's got work to do.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
II think this is the one at the bottom of the hill just before the roundabout heading

I think this is the one at the bottom of the hill heading south. or if you are coming north and Johns Cross is on the right you head down hill to the roundabout and it is just off that roundabout to the left.

Why should anyone want to be on the snail trail is beyond me:winky: .. Hastings? St Leonards? and Bexhill? at the end of the line.... and it is not called the snail trail for not having a reason.. slow going, small towns, lots of traffic and very expensive fuel and LPG at the BP stations that face each other on the way down the A21.

The only good thing as far as I am concerned on the A21 is Mick Goulds - the Renault dealer and heavy truck repair shop... he has a fleet of American wreckers and takes care of a lot of my maintenance on my Winnebago. BUt the actual A21 is not the best road in the UK..... oh yes after school hours and when Johns Cross is closed there is a very good car park just off that roundabout as well.. OK for a late night stop and on the other side as if going to Hastings on the left there is the area that VOSA use to do truck checks.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I stop in the layby with the burger van in it and have a burger very time I go down to Johns Cross. Tasty burger and a nice pleasant couple who run it.

If your coming from London, its not that easy to spot it, but if you miss it, just go round the roundabout and come back.

There is also a large public car park in the slip road by us where you can overnight, if you want water just drive into our entrance and park by the metal gate and reach over and there is a hose pipe on the corner of the building you can use to fill up with.

There is also an excellent pub, Johns Cross Inn just up the road 300 yds, good food and nice landlord.

As to the A21, I never have a problem with it, if you go down via the M25/A21 and leave around 10am ish all the traffic is coming into London, going back, leave about 5pm and all the traffic is coming the other way. Nice scenic route along the A21.

Peter

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
There is also a large public car park in the slip road by us where you can overnight said:
I quite like the A21 too
and about 15 mins drive north of JC there is Bewl Reservoir the largest in south England about 17 mles around the bank.
Great walks...and cycling and the trout fishing can be superb.

Is it possible to park up overnight at Bewl ???

barry

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
This end of the world we'd refer to that as a[HI] puddle[/HI].

Either end of the country it's still a puddle if you can't escape to Holland France or Ireland, I've ignored Belgium, it don't count.

Have you a name for the hills down South Brian, (sorry darn sarf ) like the Wiltshire Downland and the Sussex Downs, God's Own Country.

I'll bet its something like pimples. ........:roflmto:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
rolling hills in the garden of England

Either end of the country it's still a puddle if you can't escape to Holland France or Ireland, I've ignored Belgium, it don't count.

Have you a name for the hills down South Brian, (sorry darn sarf ) like the Wiltshire Downland and the Sussex Downs, God's Own Country.

I like to think of them as rolling hill here in the garden of England.. always green.. not many real hills, but that is good.

Bob

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years

Hillocks... to you :Smile:

from sunny west sussex

barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back