LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
This time next week we should be disembarking the ferry and on our way down through France.. ::bigsmile:

For 4-5-6 months of unadulteried Sun-Sea-Sex and drinking and sight seeing.. :winky:

Any other "Funsters" on the 11.30pm ferry Portsmouth to Le-Harve ?

If so where you going ?

And you are more than welcome to buy a poor OAP a glass or four of wine.. :winky:

Where ever and whatever you are doing enjoy and have a safe trip.. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Maurice the BBC have selected you as the latest contestant in non celebrity life swap, you are off to Devon for several weeks whilst I have to suffer the deprevations of the open road. Wish me luck I'll need it. We will hopefully swap back at the Carmarthen show, assuming I make it back from the fleshpots of sourthern spain.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi old mo lucky you very nice to be going away with all that sun and cheap booze have a great time im sure you will think of all us oap freezing when the winter get to grips with us while you are sat on the beach soaking up all that sunshine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Have a great trip Mo.:thumb:
Keep in touch and let us know how things are going:winky:
It's gonna be tough but if anyone can stick it out until it's time to come home it's you.::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
This time next week we should be disembarking the ferry and on our way down through France.. ::bigsmile:
For 4-5-6 months of unadulteried Sun-Sea-Sex and drinking and sight seeing.. :winky:
If so where you going ?
And you are more than welcome to buy a poor OAP a glass or four of wine.. :winky:

Alright for some:cry:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Bye Mo have fun (as if you won't:ROFLMAO:).

We hope that every now and then you'll spare a thought for those back in blighty, freezing our butts off, can't wait till we done our time working and its us off for the winter::bigsmile:

Still i guess it won't be all fun for you, you;ll miss out on all that xmas shopping:Doh:,run the risk of sunburn, and no doubt loads of headache's from all that cheap plonk:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

see you in the spring::bigsmile:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp

If so where you going ?

:Cool: That's the one we caught, 8 weeks ago. :ROFLMAO:

:Smile: If you are anywhere near Camping Almafra? I will gladly treat to a glass or two of Vino Tinto. :thumb:

:roflmto: Provided it is the 49 cents a carton variety. :ROFLMAO:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp

Nothing exiting then hardly worth the trouble:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Have a good one :thumb:

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Not "ExIting" Lincolnshire Rover, exciting! exciting! exciting!
DEFINITELY worth the trouble!!!!!!!

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
We will be following you on the 1st Dec ..................:thumb:..::bigsmile::wine:

Val & alan

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Spain

OM
I guess we are going to the same place; Marjal. Leaving this Wednesday via Newhaven to Dieppe, take a week through France/Spain then 2 months at Marjal and follow coast of Spain/Portugal until we arrive at Santander in June 2010.
It's a hard life, I really think we should stop in blighty for the winter:winky:.
JK

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks everyone,, :thumb:

You have really got me feeling guilty now,, ::bigsmile:

My wife dont know how to warm "Oggies" so will have to decline "Roger" :Eeek:

Looks like there may be a few Funsters at Marjal over xmas,, :thumb:

Heard through the grapevine there is a big B.B.Q at "jackomet`s" rig Saturday 23rd November,, All Welcome.. :beer::wine::drink: I think that is a very civil and I accept hole heartedly..:winky:

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
France & Spain Old-Mo

Just returned on the same ship you will be going out on to LeHavre. Hope you enjoy your 4/6 mths away.
Obviously Spain is the place for good weather during the winter. We always finished up in the Garrucha, Mojacar area where it was warm right thro'.
If you are going down via the A20, call at Uzurch aire where it has good hard standing, toilets and free electricity. All the way down this route it has good free roads with 3 good free tunnels to enter Spain from France.

Enjoy Ron W

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
26 deg in Alicante today::bigsmile:

was looking forward to the sea fishing lesson's lol

Ah well I may get away in the new year:cry:

Have a great trip!

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
We don't leave til the first week of Jan next year 64 days to be precise and then we're off to Spain til April then back to Blighty and sort out for our permanent move to Tenerife so the van will probably go up for sale:cry::cry:Oh well such is life!!

blucamp2

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
Funster No
Prices at Marjal (63 days to go!)

Hi everyone,

First time posting on the forum for me, "Miss Blucamp2". :Smile:
My partner and I are going on our second trip next Jan.&Feb. and have been looking a various sites in Spain. I must admit Marjal looks really good but quite expensive? Does anyone here know of the prices for next Jan.&Feb., because as far as I could see it is 38 euros pr. night, and that's a bit much for us :Sad:
I have read different offers on here, but can't seem to make it fit with Marjal's site.
I appreciate any help you can give me on this matter.

Many many kind regards and thank you :thumb:

All the best
Mette

*If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours* ::bigsmile:

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
I will be going in the opposite direction. Jan:2 fly to Delhi for 9 days. In those 9 days, train it to Agra for Taj Mahal for 2 days, then train it to Jaipur for 2 days. Back to Delhi to fly out to Calcutta for 8 days, then fly to Vizagapatam for 6 days hitting the beach. Then fly to Madras for 5 days beaching & sight seeing, then fly to Bangalore for 5 days, then fly to Goa and stay for 2 months at our usual haunt, then fly to Bombay for 3 days before flying home in April. Home until May then hit the road again for our yearly 3/4 month tour beaching on the Spainish coastline. Boy oh Boy, it is a hard life when you retire.:ROFLMAO:::bigsmile: :)cry: with joy)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I will be going in the opposite direction. Jan:2 fly to Delhi for 9 days. In those 9 days, train it to Agra for Taj Mahal for 2 days, then train it to Jaipur for 2 days. Back to Delhi to fly out to Calcutta for 8 days, then fly to Vizagapatam for 6 days hitting the beach. Then fly to Madras for 5 days beaching & sight seeing, then fly to Bangalore for 5 days, then fly to Goa and stay for 2 months at our usual haunt, then fly to Bombay for 3 days before flying home in April. Home until May then hit the road again for our yearly 3/4 month tour beaching on the Spainish coastline. Boy oh Boy, it is a hard life when you retire.:ROFLMAO:::bigsmile: :)cry: with joy)

we were in candolim, Goa this Easter for ther first time and loved it! next time we will do all the northern stuff first and then Goa to get over it! Feeling much braver after our first visit::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back