a week of learning (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just finished a coerce on auto enganering technitan and diagnostic for motor vehicles.
the head is just buzzing it been fairly intense i have learnt a lot over the last five days to supplement my current knowledge.
And sum of the things abut a motor technician if it's broken or dose not work get a new part the modern mekanick wont fix things thay just Change parts.
Think my diagnostic tool is getting replaced with one of thos new fangiled singing and dancing jobs the one i have has actually worked fairly well but its a cheapo from eBay
most of my diagnostics have Ben listing touching and process of elimination
learnt it dose not need to be that way,on theas modern cars and vans old dog new tricks you bet i learnt sum new tricks.
and passed on a few old ones
and i was the oldest in the class
bill

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Bill
What diagnostic tool would you recommend now you have done the course? Also what sort of cost are they?
Thanks

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill
What diagnostic tool would you recommend now you have done the course? Also what sort of cost are they?
Thanks
I am looking at the foxwell from Halfords but theirs that many my had is still spinning. the best thing to do is read reviews on the equipment before buying you can spend a lot of money on this kit or very little money to do the same job most red the diagnostic trouble codes DTC and on board diagnostics codes OBD OBD1.also EOBD2
Theas are the generic codes specific to each vehicle and to many to mention still even after it getting my head round it all I will just have to like every technician refer to the manual.
Still a lot of learning to do its a bit like passing your test learnt how to drive but still only the beginning of a long journey
done my first diagnostics tonight on my sons van OBD PO401 EGR valve will give it a look at tomorrow
Think it going to be fun
I am going for this on I think was very impressed with it

BILL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back